corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick question about number plates

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick question about number plates
innes16v

User status: Offline
21st Jan 12 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iam buyin a 54 plate civic on tuesday but the boy has still got his privite plate on it, how do we go about getting the original 54 plate on it so he can put his privite plate on his other car? thanks
Mertin

21st Jan 12 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its up to him so nothing to do with you.
He has to apply to dvla to have it removed and transferred to another vehicle or put onto retention if he isnt putting it straight onto a car. It will be a £60-£80 fee I think for transfer. Once transferred he'll then get a new v5 with the vehicles original reg on the documents. Surely he would know as he mustve put the plate on the car in the first place.
What civic is it?
John

21st Jan 12 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It won't be done by Tuesday.
Mertin

21st Jan 12 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DVLA's website :

http://m.direct.gov.uk/syndicationController?action=view&param=DG_4022576&utn=45d50d5fa68e48738f17201201211812
innes16v

21st Jan 12 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

civic type r, yeah but iv herd of people buyin cars with privite plates on them b4... it seems til work out ok? lets say i buy it on tuesday with privite plate still on it, how do i insure it, with his plate on it or with old plate on it
Ben G

21st Jan 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

insure it with his plate on, then when he gets it changed over, phone up your insurance and tell them it's changed.
andys sxi
Premium Member

21st Jan 12 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
insure it with his plate on, then when he gets it changed over, phone up your insurance and tell them it's changed.

and he might get charged an admin fee to send new docs out with the new reg, its normally easier for him to have removed the number plater before he sold it thats what i normally do

April 08 feature car
Ben G

21st Jan 12 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so would i, but he asked how to go about insuring it, not whether to wait until the guy gets the original plate put back on.
innes16v

21st Jan 12 at 22:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks ben, ill speek to my insurer on monday
Mertin

22nd Jan 12 at 03:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once he buys it with the current v5 and the reg then doesnt he technically then own the car along with reg? And he would then have to sort the plate out.

If its the guys plate and he has half a clue and a new car then surely he would transfer the plate before selling. Not had experience selling a car with private reg or transferring one but id take it off the car before selling if possible
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
22nd Jan 12 at 05:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you buy it on Tuesday with the plate on, the plate is yours.

Insuring that for a week then changing it will cost you money.

Tell him to change the plate before you buy it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Quick question about number plates 24 database queries in 0.0085058 seconds