corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hgv funding

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author hgv funding
Nick-S

User status: Offline
14th Jul 11 at 08:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
I've spent 3 grand in the last 2 years putting myself through my class 2, driver cpc and 2 months ago did my class 1.

Couldn't get a job driving a class 1 anywhere apart from agency work so I'm back doing recovery work driving a class 2 and will do agency class 1 work to get experience ove rthe next few years.

Not an easy career to walk into good jobs. I'm lucky my recovery job is something I really enjoy and is 4 days on, 4 days off and well paid. Class 1 work will just give me extra pennies and hopefully lead on to better things in future.
Exactly the same here. I did my C+E 12 months ago and have been doing recovery work for the last 12 months. I do 5 on 3 off though

3k is quite alot though. I spent 1.5k getting my C and C+E. i am lucky the company i work for is pay for me to do my Driver CPC. So far ive done 14 of the 35 hours needed. How much did your CPC cost you?

Getting the licences is the easy bit IMO. Getting job after it is the hard part!!

3 weekes ago i applied for a job with eddie stobart at heywood after i saw an advert on there website. However less than a week later i got a reply email basicaly saying i dont have enough experience at this moment in time
nathy_87

14th Jul 11 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stu_c

just applied for eddie stobart they have go an apprentiship coming up

That's what I want to do.
Mark B

14th Jul 11 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the job center put me through my cpc aswell they will only do it if you have proof of a full time job at the end though
Ste
Premium Member

15th Jul 11 at 03:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Territorial Army will give you the licenses if you join as a driver

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Mark B

22nd Jul 11 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark B
I'm going for my class 1 on Monday it's alot of cash but it'll benefit me in the long run

Just to let you's no i passed
Liam

22nd Jul 11 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I looked at the Eddie Stobart apprenticeship, but as it's only £95 a week I couldn't afford to do it, so am going to pay for it myself later this year.
Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jul 11 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done mate.
Bonney

28th Jan 12 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
quote:
Originally posted by stu_c

just applied for eddie stobart they have go an apprentiship coming up

That's what I want to do.

I've just got on this scheme, Can't wait to start it!
Liam

28th Jan 12 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess you live quite close to the training centre then? Would love to have done it but as I mentioned before, £95 would only just cover fuel getting there and my rent..
Bonney

28th Jan 12 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Live about 10 miles from where the training is based, Not too bad for me, Although some others have travelled a lot further, Beleive someone travelled from Nottingham and one from Newcastle to do the scheme!
Nick-S

28th Jan 12 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
I'm going for my class 1 on Monday it's alot of cash but it'll benefit me in the long run

Just to let you's no i passed
Nice one.
baza31

28th Jan 12 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watch with army licences , they put a condition after category which basically means not for hire or reward meaning you can drive for a company . We had a motor seized by vosa with a driver who got his license in army .I had to go to Blackpool and bring the fucker back at 3am . Think I paid about £1200 for class 2 and a further £800 +vat for my class 1 . There's a lot of drivers out of jobs at moment so think carefully on spending your savings if that's all you have

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » hgv funding 24 database queries in 0.0101810 seconds