corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What clutch to buy?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What clutch to buy?
GteRedtop

User status: Offline
   17th Jan 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, Got my corsa let up and running earlyer after its second recon'd turbo lol! A few months back i had it set up on the rollers but prior to the conversion i bought myself a cheap and cheerfull quinton hazell clutch for it. Whilst on the rollers the chap said to me my clutch was slipping which was suprising as it had done no mileage what so ever. Drove it for the first time earlyer and it really does slip like a twat, it was dyno'd at 294hp so realisticly i need to buy a half decentr clutch this time round,
Mattb

17th Jan 12 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a stanrd clutch should be up to the job, but a helix organic may be a good bet if you want to keep a decent pedal
GteRedtop

29th Jan 12 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else have any suggestion's?
Nic Barnes

29th Jan 12 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use a helix. Never slips.
possy

31st Jan 12 at 02:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run a helix 4 paddle for the win and it has sin a lot of action on the strip at pod last time i were there i was doin 2nd gear burnouts and using launch controll snd did over 30 run and never slipped pal
Cybermonkey

31st Jan 12 at 02:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always had good experience with Exedy HD clutches. Handle 250-260 lb/ft off a 230mm clutch no problem.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What clutch to buy? 23 database queries in 0.0076451 seconds