corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » o2 vs three

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author o2 vs three
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Feb 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

opinions? up for renewal been with o2 a few years now, do occasionally have signal problems but customer service has always been good. how does three compare? i know the signal was useless back in the beginning as was customer service, has it improved much? Looking at the iphone 4s and three is considerably cheaper. dpes anyone know if o2 will price match their offers?
noshua

7th Feb 12 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vodafone an offer on at the minute, through dial a phone. That is of course, If you want to move to an inferior network. Look it up on hotukdeals
Tom J
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you mean by inferior network? does anywhere let you loan payg sims or something so you can check signal? i live in the sticks so its a bit of a gamble as to whether i'll get signal at home, i can't get orange full stop i know
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 15:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

check their service coverage maps, I think three are still complete faggots when it comes to customer service.
Kerry

7th Feb 12 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I moved from o2 to 3 and other than signal at home being shit i get full 3g everywhere else and can set up my own personal hotspot and let others jump on or use my ipad away from home
Tom J
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

checked the coverage maps for three and it says i will get signal outside but will struggle inside. thats what its like now, i have to have my phone on a windowsill to get reception but just use wifi for net. don't know how accurate it is as i don't want to not be able to get signal inside at all as i won't get texts or calls then
Tom J
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can use your mobile to make calls, send texts and use the internet in most outdoor locations. If you're inside you may struggle to get a signal
Kerry

7th Feb 12 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont get any signal at home but i just use facebook and whats app to speak to people and if its important they can call the house
Sam
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O2 has a UK call centre, 3's is in India.
O2 are more expensive in comparison to 3.
O2's choice of iPhones/plans are more expensive than 3.
O2's signal strength is generally better than 3.
O2 charge for iPhone tethering, 3 do not.
noshua

7th Feb 12 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O2 do not charge for tethering, not anymore anyway. I've been doing it since the 4S launched (can't remember what month).
noshua

7th Feb 12 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you buy online you get at least 14 days as a "cooling off" period, if you get a shit signal then just send it back (if there isn't an option for bad signal, just say you can't use the phone).

Then go with the other network.
Sam
Premium Member

7th Feb 12 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh right, well it's been a year since I quit O2 and at the point of leaving for 3 they were. They are still more expensive though IMO.
AndyKent

7th Feb 12 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been with 3 for about 3 years now - always a good connection, internet is quick enough and its easily the cheapest option.

Call centres are crap though, granted. As a company they're brilliant until you have a problem.
LeeM

7th Feb 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
O2 do not charge for tethering, not anymore anyway. I've been doing it since the 4S launched (can't remember what month).

its probably still against the terms and conditions
noshua

7th Feb 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://blog.o2.co.uk/home/2011/03/new-tariffs-simplicity-flexibility-and-inclusive-tethering.html

I just did it from the Personal Hotspot option in Settings on the phone, haven't been charged anything extra?

I'm pretty sure it's included with all contracts now.
LeeM

7th Feb 12 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh good stuff, pretty sure im not allowed to on my contract but ive still done it now and again
noshua

7th Feb 12 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got an iPhone? Go into Personal Hotspot in the Settings menu and see if it freely allows you to set it up and use it, if you can't it'll be blocked, disabled or they'll tell you to buy the bolt on, or some shit.
LeeM

8th Feb 12 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with Vodafone on an iPhone, i can tether through the personal hotspot but it's against the t&c's of my contract

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » o2 vs three 25 database queries in 0.0149741 seconds