corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tourette's ( From my point of veiw )

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tourette's ( From my point of veiw )
JamesMc

User status: Offline
8th Feb 12 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite intresting man, one of my close friends Brendan also has the same type of Tourette's you have and we nicknamed him Twitch in like the 4th day of school he has made a very noticeable cut down on his Tourette's by interacting with other people and keeping himself occupied it normally only comes out badly when he is nervous and stuff.
thegsi

8th Feb 12 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very interesting video that. Cheers for sharing.
Gaz

8th Feb 12 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have to shadows the interesting theme to the replies, I have watched quite a bit of stuff on peoples 'ticks' and how they overcome it.

A running theme is to 'accept' that it's different to most people's lives, to accept people being interested but not allow to mock - and IMO thats a great attitude that should be applied to all sorts of things (E.g. Fat people, thin people and the rest)

I presume you are already aware of the FMX rider too? Jeremy 'twitch' Stenberg?
Sunz

8th Feb 12 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank you for sharing.

I was one of them people that thought it was common for people with Tourette syndrome to swear as part of their condition and today you have taught my otherwise.
Kerry

8th Feb 12 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a girl at work who nods involuntarily is that tourettes then?
She is worse when shes nervous and shes got a stutter too
She never ever swears!
Gaz

8th Feb 12 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
Theres a girl at work who nods involuntarily is that tourettes then?
She is worse when shes nervous and shes got a stutter too
She never ever swears!

Yes, it's most likely to be Kerry. That will be her 'tic'
Twitch

8th Feb 12 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could be right Kerry. A lot of people have it an don't know it or choose not to find out why. I sometimes studded under stress too. Gaz I like how you think. Personally I like to make fun of it, but in a way me andy mates or anyone go meets me enjoys it. Many people I meet don't know how to react and are careful with what they say. That's is until I make some joke about one of my tics or something along them line and it's funny to see the relief on their face when they realise you can't offen me with it. ( in my opinion I think it is a funny condition it's not often you see someone walking down the street "dancing " or swearing and a natural reaction is to laugh or stare. What people tend to forget tho is there is a point when it is no longer a laugh with your mates and just turn into being nasty. I've always said it, I'll be the first person to take the piss out of myself. People realise that they can't say anything nasty to me when I already say it myself
Jamie Walby

8th Feb 12 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Found the corsasport band drummer
Daveskater
Premium Member

8th Feb 12 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twitch
i Dont do any swearing at all. Although there are more than one type of tourette's the main one is physical movements. I technically come under the same as swearing as well but i squeak and whistle. I have taken drugs etc. Pretty much lived the full life of a raver and tbh none of it has ever helped. Weed would chill me out for a little while but then it would be worse afterwards. The main difference to me compared to many others with tourette's is i've just embraced it and not tried to stop or cover it up.
I haven't seen the video but remember you from PVS and my hat really is off to you for properly embracing it the way you do. I also get motor tics (mainly facial) but even though it's extremely mild compared to what you have, I still try and hide it. People always think that the vocal tics are most common form of the condition because that's what they see on tv, which does annoy me a bit.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Gaz

8th Feb 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Twitch
I've always said it, I'll be the first person to take the piss out of myself. People realise that they can't say anything nasty to me when I already say it myself

And again, another great tactic. It's one used by comedians all the time to not allow other comedians to get one over on them. If you are aware of the nastiest/funniest/most bizarre views possible then nothing is going to get you down or piss you off.

[Edited on 08-02-2012 by Gaz]
bracey123

8th Feb 12 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

by any chance do u know tony white from glasgow???
JonnyJ

8th Feb 12 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Twitch, you're a top guy, really respect the way you deal with it all, we had a good chat at PVS and i barely even noticed your tics, mainly because i knew you were so chilled out about it all, it makes people who are unsure about how to react so relaxed that you could just be talking to any random joe. Spot on attitude.

Its the same with anything socially though. If you can laugh at yourself you have nothing to worry about. I make a tit of myself all the time because im the clumsiest fucker that has ever lived, i used to get embarrassed, which just made it worse. Now i just laugh at myself when i do something stupid and it doesnt feel as bad
Twitch

8th Feb 12 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bracey123
by any chance do u know tony white from glasgow???

I do indeed know anthony. He's been my best friend since school days
JordyCarter

8th Feb 12 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice watch, i wanted to see more of the corsa though what colour is it mate?
bracey123

8th Feb 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i work with him in morrisons some guy so he is!!!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Tourette's ( From my point of veiw ) 24 database queries in 0.0116940 seconds