corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » coilovers help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author coilovers help
Chopster

User status: Offline
9th Feb 12 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, ive looked all around on here and not having much luck, ive recently put a set of jamex coilovers on my sport, but the thread at the top is hardly coming through into the nut properly. ive followed how total vauxhall said to do but looking at other pictures im not so sure.
Basically, how have other people built it up as really need to get it sorted out...

Cheers

[Edited on 09-02-2012 by Chopster]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
9th Feb 12 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get pics of how you've built it up.
scottyp1989

9th Feb 12 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thread dosent really come through all that much untill you tighten it up. does the shock just keep turning when you try and tighten it?
Chopster

9th Feb 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put everything for the top mount on the top as tv showed to do that, but the suspension they had didnt have the little helper springs.?? Ive tried tightening it but its not coming through more than half the thread. Its not spinning as theres an allen key space to hold it? Just getting annoyed now. Lol
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Feb 12 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the spring compressed or just in free space?

Also where is the base wound to? Should be on its lowest setting I think to build it up.
3CorsaMeal

9th Feb 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is the car still in the air or on the ground?
Chopster

9th Feb 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian- I built it up originally as lowest setting and it wasnt coming through then either. Its on the ground now and the shock isnt coming through. Just after any pics of how people have put theres together or if anyone has jamex suspension.
Jake

9th Feb 12 at 16:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you swapped over the top mounts from the standard suspension and put them on the coilovers in exactly the same order?
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Feb 12 at 16:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you reach to pull the damper shaft?
Christopher

9th Feb 12 at 16:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a picture up of the thread and how the coilovers built! Will be easier to see then
Chopster

9th Feb 12 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jake-yes
Ian-no as would be able to get the nut on it then.
Christopher- im not taking the suspension out as will have to get camber and tracking redone.all i want is a picture of how people have put theirs together.
You dont need a picture to explain that the standard top mount parts are on the coiler and on the car. Simple
Mertin

9th Feb 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chopster
Jake-yes
Ian-no as would be able to get the nut on it then.
Christopher- im not taking the suspension out as will have to get camber and tracking redone.all i want is a picture of how people have put theirs together.
You dont need a picture to explain that the standard top mount parts are on the coiler and on the car. Simple

Just open the bonnet, take a pic of the top mount.

Take wheel off, take pic of how the shock is setup.

Have you had them fitted, had the tracking etc done and been driving the car but your not happy with the top mount?
Christopher

9th Feb 12 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ This! No need for sarcy reply
Chopster

9th Feb 12 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill do it tommorrow. Too dark now, just wanted to see if anybody had a pic of their coilovers before fitting them.
Christopher, wasnt ment to be sarcy so i apologise for that mate.
Jake

9th Feb 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you pushing the top mount down with the bottom of the coilover on the floor? that normally brings the thread right through if push hard enough
Chopster

9th Feb 12 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have done mate yer, something must have to come out as the threads not comin all the way through. Just frustrating. Ive tried lowering it more at the front to hopefully pull the damper through more but to no avail...

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » coilovers help 23 database queries in 0.0062358 seconds