corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Finance Day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Finance Day
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
21st Feb 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking at moving out by the end of next year, i ran a credit report through Lloyds TSB (my bank) a while ago to get an idea of what my credit score is like. They recommended running a check trough Experian & Equifax.

I've just completed my 1St one through Experian is it best to wait a few week's before applying for the 2nd check or will it be fine to do it at the same time? I'm purely thinking of the amount of check's it may be running having an effect
Brett
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you have a rocky history? Otherwise I can't see the point myself, just go and see what's on offer as it's all down to circumstance.
Whittie

21st Feb 12 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do you need to do another so soon out of interest?
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 14:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if youve never had late payments on credit cards loans etc before then i wouldnt bother

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
SXI - Matt

21st Feb 12 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No my history is fine, had 2 loan's paid them both off never missed a payment, credit card only use for fuel and pay off, currently have quite a bit in saving's to. However when I first made a query regarding a mortgage a year ago they ran a DIP and it came back good, however there was a 'note' on my credit score now the advisor couldn't work it out and suggested the check's. I believe it could be another family member's history showing up?

As I'm not actually looking to apply till August, thought it might be sensible to get a check from Experian as there the one's the banks go though if I'm right? Then should there be any improvements i can make ready for the application i can.

As for the 2 different one's so soon my bank (Lloyds) remcommended using both of them for a very detailed report as they both don't cover the exact same thing's on a check

[Edited on 21-02-2012 by SXI - Matt]
Whittie

21st Feb 12 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your bank reccommended it, give it a bash.

They wouldn't mark you down for getting two credit reports anyway.
Tom

21st Feb 12 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd get one with Experian, will tell you who you need to chase to get it removed.
SXI - Matt

21st Feb 12 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ace that's the one I've done it with just have to wait for my pin to arrive through the post.

Cant think for the mind of me what it could be though
Toby
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The checks that you do not show up. However the first time you apply experian do a credit check
Sam
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lloyds probably did a credit check - these show up as 'searches' on your credit file. Too many of these in a short space of time and it will negatively affect your chances of obtaining credit (makes you look desperate to borrow money) and subsequently a high risk).

The money you pay to Experian/Equifax is just to obtain a copy of your credit file held with them - this is not a credit check and you could do this 1,000 times a day if you wanted and it would still have no effect on whether someone will lend you money or not.

[Edited on 21-02-2012 by Sam]
Sam
Premium Member

21st Feb 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
The checks that you do not show up. However the first time you apply experian do a credit check

ID check, not credit check.
SXI - Matt

21st Feb 12 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Lloyds probably did a credit check - these show up as 'searches' on your credit file. Too many of these in a short space of time and it will negatively affect your chances of obtaining credit (makes you look desperate to borrow money) and subsequently a high risk).

The money you pay to Experian/Equifax is just to obtain a copy of your credit file held with them - this is not a credit check and you could do this 1,000 times a day if you wanted and it would still have no effect on whether someone will lend you money or not.

[Edited on 21-02-2012 by Sam]

Yeah Lloyds did do one but we are talking about 6 months ago now. This is what i was trying to get at, i was under the understanding that they would do a credit check to give you your credit score & back ground / history? That's why I was unsure whether to wait till doing the next one or both at the same tim, how ever what you have said kind of goes against what I thought?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Finance Day 24 database queries in 0.0093970 seconds