corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is it possible to make a 1.2 16V corsa faster?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author is it possible to make a 1.2 16V corsa faster?
Tanner93

User status: Offline
24th Feb 12 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi again guys i have been thinking is there any mods you can do to make a 1.2 16V corsa faster ???
Eck
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's possible to make it faster but to make any noticeable difference you'll be spending big bucks. My advice, leave it as it is and save up and buy a faster one in the first place.
Tanner93

24th Feb 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks !! ive been given an idea from someone which probably wont work but is it work tying to change my injectors for 1.4 injectors and changing the inlet manifold and throttle body to a 1.4 sprt and things like that ? or is it a fail waiting to happen ?
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 15:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not worth it
Tanner93

24th Feb 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok i will scrap that idea lol
alan t

24th Feb 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just leave it as it is mate.

If you wanted it quicker the cheapest and easiest thing to do would make it lighter, remove rear seats, spare wheel, sound deadening etc. tbh for the small gains you would notice its not worth the hastle, as eck says save up and buy something faster, you will regret pumping money into it for the small gains you will see
Tanner93

24th Feb 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh i seee ive had it a year now and thinking weather to buy a red top corsa b on ebay or use mine and put a redtop init ?? buying one on ebay is cheaper but it could have soo many problems :/
Eck
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Alan just said, the mods you're planning will do less than removing any extra weight. But even then the gains are negligible. Just save mate
Tanner93

24th Feb 12 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads !!
alan t

24th Feb 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no worries mate, is this your first car?

if it is drive it for a few years how it is to get the insurance down, then get something a bit quicker

as you say buying a xe already done would be cheaper but if you do the conversion yourself at least you know it will be done right.

if its redtop corsa you want keep checking the classifieds hear as a few decent examples usually come up now and again, and if they have a progress thread in the projects section at least you can see what has been done to it
Ojc

24th Feb 12 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dblias do a manifold for it, be good for 100bhp.

I know back in the day Daimo met a lad that had turbo 1.2 16v and it was impressively quick
Steve
Premium Member

24th Feb 12 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wasnt it a 1.2 8v? and tbf it was probably shit slow but seemed quick to us back then because we were used to our 45bhp shitboxes

[Edited on 24-02-2012 by Steve]
Tanner93

25th Feb 12 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys !! where can i find one ofthos manifolds ??

yeah its my first car and dont want to get rid of it because its in mint condition and ive made it look different lol and you know how everyone loves thier first car
Jon_C
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Conversion would be easier and probably cheaper if you are that keen on keeping the car
JaffaTB

25th Feb 12 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as said i'd just strip it out, i remember when i had a 1.2 8v and i swapped the interior for an sri one, didnt have time to put the rear in so drove it to work with just the front seats in and couldnt work out why it felt quicker
Cookieace

25th Feb 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really anyway to be honest, but if you have spent shit loads on lowering, the body, depos etc, I would consider an engine conversion.

Going to keep it as a 1.2 16v for a couple of years and then do the engine swap when insurance has gone down and also when i have the cash to do it.
Eck
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those manifolds are fucking expensive are they not? If your heart is really set on keeping that car then get the engine ripped out. A few different routes to choose from then
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

25th Feb 12 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£810 they used to be iirc and they offered upto 20bhp increase so at best you were still down on 1.4 standard power after spending more than enough money to do a 1.6 conversion. Utterly pointless unless you had loads of money and wanted to make something 'different'.
am4nf

25th Feb 12 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just do filter and exhaust until you have enough money and can afford the insurance for a redtop
LeeM

25th Feb 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

1.6 conversion
Matty SRi

25th Feb 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Push it off a cliff
Chris C

25th Feb 12 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Dblias do a manifold for it, be good for 100bhp.

I know back in the day Daimo met a lad that had turbo 1.2 16v and it was impressively quick

There was a turbo 1.2 16v in Hemel years ago.
Ojc

25th Feb 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I think that's the one, went well

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » is it possible to make a 1.2 16V corsa faster? 23 database queries in 0.0111840 seconds