corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Yam 600 Fazer - decent price?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yam 600 Fazer - decent price?
dannymccann

User status: Offline
25th Feb 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all,

I know there is some bikers on here, after 2 years of not having one and with the nice weather starting I've got the itch to get back on

Will be kept outside so I need something relatively hardy and not looking for supersports, so was looking at SV650S etc, found a tidy looking 2001 Fazer, 25k, braided hoses, tinted screen, new test, fully serviced out the door (need to confirm if valve clearances have been checked) for £2k. Oh and a mismatch coloured rear hugger (not a big deal in my book, its still blue just a different shade ). 3 month warranty as well, not much but all helps.

I've test ridden it today and it goes well, no worrying shakes, knocks, bangs etc but I'm no mechanic, will be coming from a Kawasaki dealer.

Question is, is that ok/going rate? Not much about on ebay, usually 30k+ miles or a bit tatty looking for £500 less...and everyone else has the same idea as me, so after visiting 5 showrooms today there is hardly any 600/650's about for sub £3k

edit : would appreciate keeping comments like "thats a shit bike" without backup or "nah what you want is an R1"

[Edited on 25-02-2012 by dannymccann]
jimmy 2.1

25th Feb 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3k is quite a lot of brass for a fairly old model Fazer. Could probably pick up a newer FZ6 for that money.

Edit: Misread it. Suppose its not a bad price from a dealer as it'll come with the warrenty. Try get a new set of tyres out of them!

[Edited on 25-02-2012 by jimmy 2.1]
Cole

25th Feb 12 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a daytona for that sort of money
dannymccann

25th Feb 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jimmy, the bike described above is £2k, my budget is max £3k but nothing really about round here...

edit - you corrected as I edited

Coley, got any links?:

jimmy 2.1

25th Feb 12 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Top end of your budget but what about one of these...

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201202440720550/sort/priceasc/usedbikes/cc-to/700cc/body-type/naked/cc-from/500cc/price-to/3000/model/gsr/make/suzuki/postcode/bd181nn/radius/1501/page/1?logcode=p

really nice bikes too!
dannymccann

25th Feb 12 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair while away for any warranty issues though...not tried a GSR, saw an earlier plate today but didnt like the one massive headlight at the front. I want something that looks sporty but doesnt need ragging to fuck to get it going.

But at the same time I dont want a BMW sit up and beg, needs to be all purpose (looning and commuting)
jimmy 2.1

25th Feb 12 at 21:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A 600 is going to need a good caning though. Think there's a GSR750 now but with probably be out of budget. What about an Aprilia Touno/Falco? Or if you want a 600 how's about an ER-6? Flippin ace bikes and they're raced now so loads of aftermarket options for them

[Edited on 25-02-2012 by jimmy 2.1]
dannymccann

25th Feb 12 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've widened my search on BikeTrader to 100 miles, being only 40 miles away from Doncaster / Yorkshire isn't too bad, I've had several hits on somewhat tastier looking options, hopefully somewhere will be open tomorrow for test rides otherwise will have to wait another couple of weeks...cheers Jimmy

BTW, when you drive a 75bhp Astra diesel all the time, a 250 feels quick
Bonney

26th Feb 12 at 01:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For 1800 ill sell you mine! Then with the 200 you have spare treat yourself to a bit of new kit!
dannymccann

26th Feb 12 at 07:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a shame you are so far. I have fond memories of my ZXR400, wasn't really looking at supersport bikes (your's doesnt have a pillion seat either?) but checking insurance it's a bit much at £400 for TPFT (more than my car ).

If I find out from my old insurer my NCB is still valid (sold my old bike in March 2010, so only a few days before it runs out) it brings the price down it would be a much easier
Sunz

26th Feb 12 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did second hand bikes go up in price ?

2004 SV650s

2006 SV650s

I would probably stick with your sv650s Idea, you can get newer models on lower mileage compaired to super sport bikes, top speed will be less then a 4 cylinder bike like an r6 but the acceleration I found was pretty much the same up to about 100mph.

Paying £2/£3k for a bike that's 11 years old seems crazy, they were only about £5/£6k new

The GSR600 that Jimmy 2.1 has posted looks decent, modern day bandito.
Sunz

26th Feb 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also you could get a Z750 or Z1000 for just shy of £3k, probably around the 2003 mark.
Bonney

26th Feb 12 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
It's a shame you are so far. I have fond memories of my ZXR400, wasn't really looking at supersport bikes (your's doesnt have a pillion seat either?) but checking insurance it's a bit much at £400 for TPFT (more than my car ).

If I find out from my old insurer my NCB is still valid (sold my old bike in March 2010, so only a few days before it runs out) it brings the price down it would be a much easier

The pillion seat is still there, Just need to swap them over, Its back on the pillion seat now as it needs painting again properly
Cole

26th Feb 12 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Jimmy, the bike described above is £2k, my budget is max £3k but nothing really about round here...

edit - you corrected as I edited

Coley, got any links?:

Danny just check eBay I'm on iPad so can't link any from the app but I've seem at least 10-15 Daytona 650's on there for 3k and under personally think they are a lovely looking bike
gtitim

26th Feb 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate at work is selling an R6 for £3kish - wavy discs, sports can etc etc. She lives Gainsborough but works Boston area. Could pass her number if u are interested? Cant remember many more details - its on our works noticeboard
Toph

26th Feb 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am putting my k8 gsf 650 sa for sale next week, 2600 miles I bought it new, it's the Abs version in metallic grey, choice of standard, yoshi or akroprovic exhaust. Looking for close to 3k for it.
dannymccann

26th Feb 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thx for suggestions, found a immaculately standard 600 gsxf local, 52 plate, 24k, receipts, mots etc as long as your arm and looked after by a mechanic who has 7 of his own bikes. Thrown in a service when its due in April (only because I had to have it tonight otherwise he would've done it before it left ) and is a retired mechanic so does all servicing / repairs in his spare time for cash. He also races his zx9r in his spare time

Overall for 1800 I'm very pleased

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Yam 600 Fazer - decent price? 23 database queries in 0.0092289 seconds