corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » laptop screen playing up ( striping /pink/blue colouring )

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author laptop screen playing up ( striping /pink/blue colouring )
Matty W

User status: Offline
27th Feb 12 at 01:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my laptop has started playing up recently. only does it from a "cold start" when its not been used for about 12 hours.

it switches on and functions ok, and everything works in the background, but for the first 5-10 minutes the screen plays up with stripes of blue and pink untill its warmed up. after that it sort of fades to normal. i dont think its the screen at fault but could it be my graphics card?

any way to fix it?

it started after i left it out in my car one night over christmas

Ian
Site Administrator

27th Feb 12 at 01:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you suspect moisture, same procedure as a phone but bigger.

Does it matter what angle the screen is at?
Matty W

27th Feb 12 at 01:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not that ive noticed. it sort of wipes down the screen after a while, faiding to normal. or it can be like it is in the second picture for a few minutes then change suddenly at the move of the cursor.. should i leave it on the radiator and see how it goes?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th Feb 12 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Push the screen as far back as possible see if it rights itself, maybe the connector running to the board.

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Chris
Premium Member

27th Feb 12 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Connector issue, as the laptop heats up the problem becomes less.

Easy job to reseat connector.

New Poll