corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using a rotary polisher..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using a rotary polisher..
fazza

User status: Offline
29th Feb 12 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry for the noob type post..

I got a DAS-6 polisher the other day with several pads and polishes etc, and looked at the guide online.

It seems easy enough to use but i dont think it came with a buffing pad?

Whats your techniques for using a machine polisher?

put some polisher onto the pad and do an arc type motion over the paintwork etc? all good, but what about taking the polish off?
fazza

29th Feb 12 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is the kit I have bought:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/machine-polishing-pads/car-polishers/das-6-dual-action-polisher-menzerna-kit/prod_522.html

Im guessing I use this pad to remove the polish from the car:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/machine-polishing-pads/menzerna-polishing-pads/menzerna-finishing-pad/prod_573.html

Scotty_B

29th Feb 12 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

detailingworld has an excellent guide for both roatary and DA.
3CorsaMeal

29th Feb 12 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use the yellow as a final finish pad, with a light compound.

you don't let the polish dry onto the paint, and you just buff it off with a microfibre polishing cloth
shaunmods
Premium Member

29th Feb 12 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watch some videos on youtube mate. Loads of helpful tips on there. I've got the same kit as you and it transformed the paintwork on my white corsa!

To remove the polish after you just buff it off with a clean MF cloth as you would if you polished it by hand
fazza

29th Feb 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shaun did/do you wet the pad before use?
rossnomore

29th Feb 12 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can wet it, but i never did when i worked at a body shop. Could be a good idea to mask up handles/plastics etc first as the slightest touch with that with melt them. be carefull by panel edges etc aswell, easy to burn through the paint
shaunmods
Premium Member

29th Feb 12 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
shaun did/do you wet the pad before use?

I just gave them a light mist with some detailing spray mate
fazza

29th Feb 12 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff, will have a go tonight and post some results
richc

1st Mar 12 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I g3'd my land rover. It was a red discovery which had turned flat orange and even some white spots.

I had never done it before and as i had bought the landy to do off roading/laning, i didnt really care if i screwed it up. I didnt bother with 'detailing spray', i just used water and misted it on. It looked brand new in places where i had took my time and use correct speeds on the polisher. Could not believe it. After a while though i got bored (jacked up disco so roof was mega hard to go), and started to rush and you could see swirl marks when i had gone to quick. Im sure these would come out if i did it again and machined polish it after too but cba as it looks awesome in comparison to when i first got it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using a rotary polisher.. 23 database queries in 0.0280120 seconds