corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Summer holiday

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer holiday
Kimberley

User status: Offline
15th Mar 12 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Morocco is amazing. I stayed at the Riu Tikida Dunas hotel, It's practically on the beach. The hotel next door had an area of the beach sectioned off with four poster beds and sofas on it. I can't recall the name of it though. It's not too far from Marrakesh either if you fancy a day trip to the markets. The all inclusive there is fab, all the alcohol and food you could ever want, they had a little spa too, you have to pay extra for the treatments, but everything was pretty cheap when I went.

Your budget should be more than enough to get two weeks all inclusive at a nice hotel. I'd recommend trying travelsupermarket and then checking the hotels on tripadvisor. We've got some pretty good deals doing that, just paid £300 for a week all inclusive. Make a note of any good offers you find, a lot of travel agents will try and beat or match online quotes.

[Edited on 15-03-2012 by Kimberley]
jibjob

15th Mar 12 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never said I had a missus And no I haven't got a Mr either I'm going with Zoe.

And no I'm still jobless but been given a conditional offer hopefully starting next week so should be back in work by the end of the month at the latest. The £2k isn't all mine either its a joint budget of what we can sensibly afford/borrow going by a forecast of what we could earn/save if everything goes to plan
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

15th Mar 12 at 18:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

going on holiday alone with a girl? she wants your babies
John

15th Mar 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2k budget for a holiday when you've possibly got a job
James

15th Mar 12 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
2k budget for a holiday when you've possibly got a job

It's ok mate, he's going to borrow it.
James

15th Mar 12 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
The £2k isn't all mine either its a joint budget

So your budget is £1k each then really?
jibjob

15th Mar 12 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2k was the top end of a joint budget if all went to plan. If it didn't go to plan then obviously we wouldn't be able to go its pretty simple really.

The budget is only there as an upper limit and i'd quite happily spend a lot less than that if I had it. The whole idea of this is to get an idea long ahead of when we would be looking at going just so we can work out all the finances for it.

Yes 1k each.

I'm also putting in a lot of my own money again into the charity sponsorship so i'm not quite sure what that has to do with anything apart from being a bit of a twattish comment.

[Edited on 15-03-2012 by jibjob]
John

15th Mar 12 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prices will increase as you get closer, until the last minute when you might get a better deal.
Kimberley

15th Mar 12 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Prices will increase as you get closer, until the last minute when you might get a better deal.

If memory serves, the best time to book is eight weeks before on a Tuesday. Apparently most travel agents bring out new deals on a Monday, so by the following day all the other companies have slashed their prices to compete. I think I read that on money saving expert. :/
jibjob

15th Mar 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye I know that but if I can work out the rough price of a holiday now then I can budget for the increase in price to see if we'd still be able to afford it. If not I can then look at alternatives without having to leave it until the last minute.

The thing with me is I like to plan as much as I can out to see if its viable as far ahead of time as possible but I also like to have something to aim for so should something come of this job offer I have something to look forward to. Its not like i'm going to con the benefits system just so I can have a nice holiday as thats not the case at all.
fred7

16th Mar 12 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kimberly thats about right booked mine 8 weeks and 1 day before and saved £250 if i was to book it today and thats not all inclusive just full board so had a bargain
Ben G

16th Mar 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was going to go to mexico this year as it's my parents' 25th wedding anniversary, but my brother is moving out so all plans have stalled for now.

went zante 2 years ago (kalamaki) and it was amazing, so may go back there.
Welly Wanger

17th Mar 12 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well thats my ticket booked for Monday for 63 days
fred7

17th Mar 12 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where you booked for?
BYRON

17th Mar 12 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kimberley
Morocco is amazing. I stayed at the Riu Tikida Dunas hotel, It's practically on the beach. The hotel next door had an area of the beach sectioned off with four poster beds and sofas on it. I can't recall the name of it though. It's not too far from Marrakesh either if you fancy a day trip to the markets. The all inclusive there is fab, all the alcohol and food you could ever want, they had a little spa too, you have to pay extra for the treatments, but everything was pretty cheap when I went.

[Edited on 15-03-2012 by Kimberley]

I booked this hotel this morning. Leaving April 16th for 1 week A.I. £1300 including AXA insurance

Ibiza for July also booked this week for my brothers stag party
Nismo

17th Mar 12 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could get 10 days in Dubai for less than 2K.

I selected end of July to august 10days

£795 each.

http://book.virginholidays.co.uk/search/results/details/item29920/

or

Hilton by the Palm Islands £935 each

http://book.virginholidays.co.uk/search/results/details/item29906/

Welly Wanger

17th Mar 12 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Where you booked for?

Cambodia Sihanoukville, This is my place over there http://riversidelodge.imgur.com/

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

17th Mar 12 at 21:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
Ichmeller, Turkey

Too quiet, Marmaris is better!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Summer holiday 24 database queries in 0.0142410 seconds