corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Frankie Goes To Holywood - Relax (Matt Leigh Remix) Feedback wanted :)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Frankie Goes To Holywood - Relax (Matt Leigh Remix) Feedback wanted :)
Matty L

User status: Offline
14th Mar 12 at 22:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, looking for some feedback on this remix im working on, would be greatly appreciated if i could get some

http://soundcloud.com/p-e-w/relax-matt-leigh-remix-work-in

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: http://soundcloud.com/p-e-w/frankie-goes-to-hollywood

[Edited on 23-03-2012 by Matty L]
Skylined

14th Mar 12 at 23:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit slow for me, doesn't really peak at any point
Matty L

14th Mar 12 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Skylined
Bit slow for me, doesn't really peak at any point

Work in progress mate Not at the breakdown yet
Gaz

14th Mar 12 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to agree, as a trance track then I guess it will work however you are waiting for the full 30mins+ for something to kick in
Matty L

14th Mar 12 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gaz
I have to agree, as a trance track then I guess it will work however you are waiting for the full 30mins+ for something to kick in

Its a track ive made in my sets for a filler tune, not a peak tune
Gaz

14th Mar 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

makes sense
Matty L

14th Mar 12 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive only got upto about 2 mins too, its getting boring after that so adding more stuff, and obv this is going to be 7 mins long with a breakdown when finished
Dom

14th Mar 12 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds pretty good, few opinions/thoughts though - transition on the gated synth at 1:00 (where you either open the cut or bring in another synth to layer) could be a little smoother as it sounds like a chop/cut; the kick from 0:00 - 1:00 could do with a bit more top end attack whilst from 1:30 it could do with a bit more bottom (granted you've probably rolled it off to stop muddying with the bass); bass is a bit lost around the 1:30-1:50 mark; everything sounds a bit centred and it feels like the field needs to be a bit wider (pan the hats and the squared? synth a little).

Like it though, get it up when you're finished. By the way, what did you use for the gated synth (1:00 mark)?

Edit - The hook on Feed The Cat is pretty decent as well

[Edited on 14-03-2012 by Dom]
Matty L

15th Mar 12 at 00:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Sounds pretty good, few opinions/thoughts though - transition on the gated synth at 10 (where you either open the cut or bring in another synth to layer) could be a little smoother as it sounds like a chop/cut; the kick from 00 - 10 could do with a bit more top end attack whilst from 1:30 it could do with a bit more bottom (granted you've probably rolled it off to stop muddying with the bass); bass is a bit lost around the 1:30-1:50 mark; everything sounds a bit centred and it feels like the field needs to be a bit wider (pan the hats and the squared? synth a little).

Like it though, get it up when you're finished. By the way, what did you use for the gated synth (10 mark)?

Edit - The hook on Feed The Cat is pretty decent as well

[Edited on 14-03-2012 by Dom]

Thanks mate.Im not sure what you mean at the one minute mark, i dont hear a cut, could you explain a little more? Yeh i agree the kick could do with more attack and bottom end gonna sort that on the proper mix down.Bass does need some work too.Ive not panned anything, im gonna go back into it tommorow and pan a few things and use a stereo imager too, should do the trick.

For the gated side chained synth i used Z3ta

How does the mix down sound at your end? Im aware the the volume is low, ill need to put a limiter on the master at some point to bring it up
Dom

15th Mar 12 at 00:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's at 1:01, it hits E (?) the start of the sequence and there appears to be 'a jump in volume' like you've switched on a LFO; just doesn't sound linear from the previous note. I'll have a listen to it through some monitors rather than the DT250's i'm currently using, but otherwise it sounds pretty good.

[Edited on 15-03-2012 by Dom]
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th Mar 12 at 01:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bassline for me after 1.30 is a bit weak. Probably a bit more interesting if it was a bit more over-driven and dirty.
Matty L

15th Mar 12 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Bassline for me after 1.30 is a bit weak. Probably a bit more interesting if it was a bit more over-driven and dirty.

Cheers Ian, yeh its a very low subby bass you can feel it more than hear it, im gonna try and layer a mid range abss ontop that a bit dirty
Matty L

23rd Mar 12 at 03:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update guys, More bass in the kick, done some mastering too and included some new sounds, getting there with it

http://soundcloud.com/p-e-w/frankie-goes-to-hollywood

N16K

23rd Mar 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty L
Update guys, More bass in the kick, done some mastering too and included some new sounds, getting there with it

Night & Day to the previous mix very cool track Id happily play that!

[Edited on 23-03-2012 by N16K]
Matty L

23rd Mar 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by N16K
quote:

Thanks mate, working quite hard on this one, anything you would improve, add or notice needs doing? Ive been hammering this that long im starting to lose perspective

N16K

23rd Mar 12 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Thanks mate, working quite hard on this one, anything you would improve, add or notice needs doing? Ive been hammering this that long im starting to lose perspective

If you are making it as a filler track make a shorter mix/radio edit. good luck.
Matty L

23rd Mar 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you are making it as a filler track make a shorter mix/radio edit. good luck.

Most filler track are still 6.20 thou? And id only have to make a radio version if i got attention from it, but my promotion skills are poor

Anything else youd improve?
JordyCarter

23rd Mar 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it mate. Im not into this part of electronic house im more of a tech deep sort of guy. Most songs like this do take 1-2 mins to get into it plus better for mixing. Its going places, if the bass was a bit more sort of low i can also only assume if it was blasting loud (Club etc) then you would feel it alot more. Great work
Matty L

23rd Mar 12 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
I like it mate. Im not into this part of electronic house im more of a tech deep sort of guy. Most songs like this do take 1-2 mins to get into it plus better for mixing. Its going places, if the bass was a bit more sort of low i can also only assume if it was blasting loud (Club etc) then you would feel it alot more. Great work

Thanks mate, yes the bass on this is very low, its a track that i think only makes sense in a club, you can more feel the bass than hear it, that's what i was trying to go for.My main goal is making my own club tracks,is this what you mean?

Yeh its more progressive, which is the style im more into, and they do take a while to get into like you said, saying that, i think i need to add a few more sounds in there, but maybe thats just me being a perfectionist

JordyCarter

23rd Mar 12 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just mean for example. I play tunes through a headset and its nothing compared to in a club. It needs to be longer that goes without saying as its in development, and more of a hook something that will get peoples heads nodding, im really liking the endish part. It sounds nice and minimal from 4.30ish. I think at about 5.00 there needs to be some deeper bass that will have your jaw swinging side to side!

and as you say yeah maybe at 5:45 there could be another higher note a clap or something maybe? just something else to add nothing OTT just a nice noise that complements the track.

Great work

[Edited on 23-03-2012 by JordyCarter]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Frankie Goes To Holywood - Relax (Matt Leigh Remix) Feedback wanted :) 23 database queries in 0.0131361 seconds