corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Drive/yard - I want to do a bit of DIY project, ideas?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drive/yard - I want to do a bit of DIY project, ideas?
Carl

User status: Offline
15th Mar 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm after ideas that I can give a go myself. Doesn't matter if I mess up as it's just a state at the minute. Doesn't have to be a massive job, infact with my diy ability probably better if not!

I've not sorted out the dispute with the coal sheds so it just needs to be for mine which is the one on the left, I'm thinking some sort of path way or paving upto it? Any ideas welcome.

I've just been digging it up, lifting the old coal out etc, mainly from boredom plus it gets my neighbours worried i'm going to do something drastic to the outhouses!
RichR
Premium Member

15th Mar 12 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

double brick border in matching brick to the coal sheds with either gravel (easy) or standard 2x2 flags, offset patter not linear in the middle. Probably the latter
Carl

15th Mar 12 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How would you go about that, save as block paving on this guide?

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/templates/content_lookup.jsp?content=/content/knowledge/how_to/lay_block_paving/lay_block_paving.jsp
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

17th Mar 12 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
How would you go about that, save as block paving on this guide?

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/templates/content_lookup.jsp?content=/content/knowledge/how_to/lay_block_paving/lay_block_paving.jsp

yes. ideally you'd hire a wacker plate for a day to compress it all down if you are gonna have cars on it but you could get away with compressing the sand down yourself and making sure your edging is concreted down well so they dont shift
RichR
Premium Member

19th Mar 12 at 12:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you parking on it as that'll have a bearing on the groundwork you'll need to do
Carl

19th Mar 12 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate has a Wacker plate so that's not a problem. Think I'm going to do a bit of paving to shed where car doesn't go, then extend the paving car goes on with a more heavy duty underneath, that's the plan at the minute.
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 03:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted then
Carl

20th Mar 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Let's see how long it takes!
Marc

21st Mar 12 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speaking of the sheds, whats happening?
Carl

23rd Mar 12 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had an argument or 2 with them, nothing got resolved. Kind of talk to them now to keep it civil. The next step was to go get something official from a solicitor which at the time and still now isn't really a priority, they might have popped theircloggs before I get around to it so it'll be less hassle!
Carl

31st Mar 12 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've dug far too much out! Got my dad around to give me a few tips, he nearly turned it into an episode of grand designs but I managed to say I want to do this bit first on my own then we'll look at doing all that!

New Poll