corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Small Diesels.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Small Diesels.
Sunz

User status: Offline
6th Apr 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm really stumped for finding a small diesel and wondered if there are any cars I forgot to look for.

I have been looking for a Clio dCi dynamique 80 for months now, £2500 to spend if it's local.
needs to have service history of a cambelt being changed at some point.

Clio seems really good.
Group 7 Insurance
£20/£30 a year tax depending on the model.
50-75mpg depending on town/motorway driving.

I have looked at.

Clio dCi 65 - 65 bhp scares me and there is no intercooler on this version, 80bhp model is the one to go for.

Corsa C 1.7 dti - People want £2500 for 2002 models on 120k - No thanks.

Corsa C 1.7 cdti - insurance group is group 13 so a bit more, looks like a fun spec.

Corsa C 1.3 Cdti - Worried about the fiat engine

Peugeot 206 hdi 1.4 - I know you don't buy a diesel for speed but this is almost 15 seconds to 60, 64mph and group 9 so overall it's not too bad but must feel super slow.

Toyota Corolla 1.4 d-4d - Out of my price limit - I wont drive the car much so don't see the point to spend a lot.

German diesels will be more expensive I'm guessing, golfs etc, doesn't really interest me in spending the same amount I could for something 2002-2005 for a 2000 model vag.
Russ

6th Apr 12 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fiesta mk6 1.6
Sunz

6th Apr 12 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite a bit out of my £2500 price range for a mk6 fiesta, I think eveyones gone diesel crazy with the raising fuel costs, prices have gone up quite a bit.

Does anyone know if a clio/corsa van's have a higher insurance group ? I know you have to pay commerical tax but wondered if there was a catch with insurance to.

Can get 2007 clio vans for £2500, is tempting if there isn't a catch for the insurance being for communting which I wont use it for.
bolton

6th Apr 12 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not everyones cup of tea, but a kia rio diesel
my partner has one 1.5td very good mpg cheap insurance and pretty nippy with 110bhp standard
Seany

6th Apr 12 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seat Ibiza 1.4 tdi. Quite good cars, my mates had his for years and its only ever needed wheel bearings.
Mertin

6th Apr 12 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HAve you drive a 65 clio DCi to compare it to the 80? Is there much need for an intercooler on these engines?
Mum has a 65 dci, on 105k now and the most its needed is an EGR valve and an alternator. Owned it for over 8 years
Sunz

6th Apr 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't had a drive of the 65bhp model but it's said the 80 is to be the best one of of the 65/80/100 bhp models.

But I really should try and get a test drive I'm not someone who wants to rally around in a car anyway.

I found a bronze campus van 2007 model on 71k, 65bhp for £2250, sounds a bit dodgey, so cheap really.

I shall look in to the Ibiza 1.4 tdi, they seem really decent from the specs but did a quick seach and not found much around the £2500 mark but shall keep searhing to gain an average idea of what I could get for that amount.

This the one I've asked about.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280851534411&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_500wt_949

seller says "Cam belt was done at 67150 miles oil changed etc and new rear hub bearings fitted along with new brake shoes and alternator belt etc" seems too good to be true, quite a distance away as well so needs to be spot on.

Is 260 miles away

Will keep looking.

[Edited on 06-04-2012 by Sunz]
Cole

6th Apr 12 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the 65 awesome little car have had 700 miles to a tank I smash the living shit out of it everyday and it never misses a beat
cecil

6th Apr 12 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive got a fiesta 1.4 tdci 05 reg great little car! Does a shed load of miles for next to nowt n never misses a beat
ed

6th Apr 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 1.3 CDTi engine in the Corsa is a GM engine, not a Fiat one
Sunz

7th Apr 12 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm it says it's a Fiat Group and GM engine, GM have ownership of Fiat desinged engines in some cases.

Used in some Alfas, Fiat, Opel/Vauxhall, Lancia and some Indian cars called TATA, doesn't feel me with hope ! But it's probably a great engine. Stigma's I guess.
John

7th Apr 12 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 1.3 is a great engine.
Fonz
Premium Member

7th Apr 12 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you looked at a Honda Jazz?

my GF has the 1.4 model (petrol) she returns 50 mpg regularly (book is 55) and produced 80/85 power/torque if i remember.....she got hers for £2700 so im sure you can find one for £2500
Sunz

7th Apr 12 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I shall look in to Jazz's, insurance group is 14 and the tax is about £120 a year so isn't ruled out so thanks.
John

7th Apr 12 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't gauge insurance prices by group. Can't tell until you get a quote.
Sunz

7th Apr 12 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's very true.

Clio dci 80 - £550 - group 9

Honda Jazz 1.4 - £556 - group 14

gez bay

8th Apr 12 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm selling my clio DCi 65 soon.

Everything will have been done on it.
Cambelt, all filters etc.

It's never bothered me about not having an intercooler, doesn't really need one. It has enough power for safe overtakes. Pretty good car tbh.
baza31

8th Apr 12 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vauxhall 1.3tdci engine is probably best I've come across

Vw polo do a 1.2 diesel engine but might be out of your price range
Sunz

8th Apr 12 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sadly Gez bay, I'm in Kent so it would be a a big trip, meaning cost of getting there and driving it back but I am more happy to look for a 65 now.

Even from the comments I'm a bit happier to look for a nice C 1.3cdti, just handling of a corsa isn't great but the car is well specced for what it is.

Can't get a corsa 1.3cdti van or the clio version, have to pay business van insurance which is £1100 so £600 more, bit of a p*ss take, it's the same vehicle without 2 seats and 2 windows.

Looking a C2 Sx Hdi now.
Megane 1.5 Dyn 80 54 plate on 87k for £2400.

[Edited on 08-04-2012 by Sunz]

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Small Diesels. 23 database queries in 0.0099020 seconds