corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Any gym goers?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Any gym goers?
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

User status: Offline
9th Apr 12 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just started back at the gym after a year off.

Few of my mates have suggested supplements (Creatine mainly) to help me make the most of my training.

At the moment i'm doing about an hours cardio 3 times a week, and some light weights.

Once i'm back into the habit of things again i'll probably be doing more weight training and maybe 40 minutes cardio.

Played 2 games of football since going back to the gym and feeling the benefit already.
Rob R

9th Apr 12 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Half decent diet and a protein supplement.
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

9th Apr 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any recomendations on supplements?
Adjusted my diet? cut out a lot of shit, implimented oatibix for cereal, fruit consumption and general water/milk drinking over fizzy drinks
McWillster

12th Apr 12 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen as nobody has replied to this i'll just offer my 2p.

Supplements i'd recommend. Considering your playing football twice a week, weights, what 3 times a week? and a cardio session at the end of each workout? I would definatly start taking a multi-vitamin and cod liver oil.

Depending on your goals really. If your wanting to build size and strength then your calorie intake is going to have to be quite high considering the amount of cardio you do.

If your just looking to tone up and add a little muscle over a slightly larger time frame, then i would just invest in some Protein powder, keep your diet clean and try eating around 2200-2800 calories? Everyones different, just need to find out how much food you need to maintain muscle mass.

For gains in size, i personally drink 3 protein shakes a day, take 10g of creatine and eat between 3000-3500 calories per day. To keep my gains lean and not put on fat, i break down my calories into these macros:

Protein - 300-350g
Carbs - 150-200g
fats - 90-100g

Make sure you stay away from white carbs with white pasta, white bread etc...

As i said above, everyone is different so you need to kind of trial and error a lot of what i've just said. But that should be a decent basis to start with.

If your looking for ideas on meals and shizz, have a look at my progress thread.
bubble

15th Apr 12 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strong lifts 5x5 boom!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Any gym goers? 24 database queries in 0.0089109 seconds