corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ryans Little 1.0

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ryans Little 1.0
RyanCorsa99

User status: Offline
28th Jan 12 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all, New to all this corsa business... Had 2 peugot 106's in the past and 1 previous corsa, ut after my first corsawas written off on the m4 by a coach hitting me from behind and pushing me into a van i thought i'd pick up another and give it another shot.

Bought the new corsa for £550, with 6 months tax and 8 months mot. Also has new tyres brakes all round and springs.

Smashed up Corsa (red) And the new one (Blue):

Ofcourse the first thing to do was a simple de-badge....

But i thought i'd spray the bootlock badge blue and stick it back on....

It had quite a big scratch all over the driverside rear quarter so i gave it a bit of a spray to keep the rust off....

I then tended to the obligatory rust on the front of the bonnet, and after some sanding grinding, priming and a bit of blue i came to this.... not quite finished untill i get hold of some more paint and some decent laquer....

I also popped down the srapyard in dunstable earier and picked up a sport spoiler in black for £5... I think its a bargain.... So after hanging it on the back to get a feel for how it looks i gave that a little lick of paint too....

Let me know what you think... At the moment future plans are:

Finish painting

Astra Mk3 Six Spoke Alloys

Colour coded bumpers and mirror

Lowering 30/40mm

Sportex Back Box

Possible engine swap (In a few Months)

[Edited on 29-01-2012 by RyanCorsa99]
kie1995

29th Jan 12 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking good, plans sound good too
RyanCorsa99

29th Jan 12 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate, it'll get there. mechanically its sound.
mike56gte

29th Jan 12 at 01:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks pretty clean mate. plans sound good. keep up the good work
vx-scottw
Premium Member

29th Jan 12 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate plan sound well
RyanCorsa99

29th Jan 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys. Hitting the bonnet with some more paint and its drying as I type. Also put some body filler on the spoiler to fill the screw holes on the top. Then ill hit that with some more paint. Get some pics up later
jameswalshe1990

29th Jan 12 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice base there fella local lad to
RyanCorsa99

30th Jan 12 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, been kinda busy last couple of days just doing little niggly bits and bobs, like rust eater and filling chips.

i did however do a coupe of bigger bits and bobs....

After painting the spoiler blue, i was unhappy with the finish, so i ran down to halfords and bought some black bumper paint. Sprayed the spoiler black, and am more happy with it now.

... Then i invested in a de badged grill... (The old one was a NIGHTMARE to remove)

Unfortuantely this picture shows the less than perfect finish on my bonnet since i painted it that im not quite sure what to do about... new bonnet time??

Also met bencorsa58 this evening who sold me a lovely backbox for my corsa which im yet to fit.

Thats about all i can do for now due to lack of funds haha
Apprentice pay is not brilliant not even at bmw But "Snoopy" as we have named the car, will get there eventually.
Jamie-C

30th Jan 12 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you paint the whole bonnet it wouldn't look so bad, theres no line to go to there and thats why it looks so obvious.
gaffy-11-corsa

30th Jan 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bonnet bra mine to hid a crak on my bonnet
gaffy-11-corsa

30th Jan 12 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and its a nice start mate lol keep going
RyanCorsa99

3rd Feb 12 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much to update really, but managed to get some blue leds, for the instruments, heater and time/date display. Also got the six spoke astra mk3 alloys I wanted aswell. I'll be taking them into work and fitting the tyres in the morning
RyanCorsa99

15th Apr 12 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, havent updated in months. havent really got any delibrate pictures from the updates so have stolen a few off facey b.

Got my six spoke mk3 alloys like i wanted

Cleaned the wheels up all nice and managed to get hold of some blue valve caps and smoked side repeaters from a friend.

Then i finally got hold of some angel eyes. Unfortunately the rings them selves arent very bright, wish they were!

I sent my wheels and center caps off to get refurbed, only cost me £120 which i thought was great for the condition they were in originally.

fitted them on the car and was sitting like a tractor! but managed to pick up a colour coded rear bumper and mirrors

After a good polish, lots of tyre shine and back to black...

Then picked up some coilovers and she sat low as hell

Unfortunately the front coilies were buckled and had to be changed so now the car is low on the bak and wayy too high on the front But to cheer my self up i removed my front bumper and spent 3 days attcking it with rattle cans and wet n dry

Here it is fitted to the car at the moment. unfortunately the paint i used wasnt perfect for plastic so there is small hairline cracks in the paint in a few places on the bumper but looks good

Thats about it for now got some irmy soft stars recently and they will be going off for a respray in the next few days! hopefully they will be ready for the mk meet next sunday but cant promise anything!

[Edited on 15-04-2012 by RyanCorsa99]
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good mate, what size soft stars?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
RyanCorsa99

15th Apr 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

14's bud

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Ryans Little 1.0 25 database queries in 0.0118239 seconds