corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » wasting water

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wasting water
Gary
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Apr 12 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The guy over the roads overflow pipe is constantly running, which is annoying as I can hear it hitting the floor, makes our road look a mess as its making the side of his house mouldy and is generally just a waste.

Is there anything the water board can do to make him fix it?
Dave

15th Apr 12 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sneak round and foam it up.
oceansoul

15th Apr 12 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go tell him there's a fucking water shortage and to sort it out. I'm not sure if the water board could do anything, but I'm site it wouldn't hurt to ask, they may be interested because of the temporary use ban etc
neil h

15th Apr 12 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Climb up and stick a hosepipe on it, report him for using hosepipe, problem solved.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hes a crazy old man apparantly so cant really nip round. Was thinking of blocking it up but its at loft height so cant do that.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
15th Apr 12 at 15:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you block it up, it'll flood his house.

Is it possible he doesn't know?
Gary
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its pissing doen the side of this door, its impossible not to notice. He might bother to get it sorted if it comes through his roof!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th Apr 12 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ring up the water board when he's out and make out its an emergency and you think he's away.

They'll come round sharpish and cut it off at the road.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ben G

15th Apr 12 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine does the same when i go on holiday. falls onto my conservatory roof. must drive the neighbours mental
N3CRO

15th Apr 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
Climb up and stick a hosepipe on it, report him for using hosepipe, problem solved.

This
Sam
Premium Member

16th Apr 12 at 07:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I'm aware they don't have a water shortage in Yorkshire?...

Anyway, Gary we have this exact problem with one of our neighbours. Overflow pipe constantly dripping, side of the house is mouldy/green and I'm pretty sure this excess water going through the tarmac on their drive is the reason why theirs and our driveway has lots of movement = not level.

You could always phone the water board and ask them if there's anything they could do - technically if they are wasting water and aren't on a meter then they might do something about it?
Gary
Premium Member

16th Apr 12 at 07:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think ill do that. Apparantly its a rented house too so ill try find the landlords details and let him know

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » wasting water 24 database queries in 0.0103810 seconds