corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just returned from Regal..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just returned from Regal..
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Apr 12 at 16:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a few tweaks to the Corsa C...had the following items fitted:

Vxr Injectors
Vxr Afm
New Spark plugs
and last but not least the stage 3.5 remap.

Took a cheeky vid on my private road:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIkGhxFks8I&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Tbh I'm kinda thinking it's too much power! 2nd you can just about get grip along as its a straight road, but 1st gear is out of the question. I know you guys are used to seeing threads about Corsa's running 350+ Bhp but honestly i don't know how they cope with it, I can barely use the power in mine! I suspect it's running around 280 ish Bhp but i just wouldn't want any more...not without a way of gripping better.

It's hard to tell from the vid how quick it is, as I've viewed loads of similar Corsa Turbo vids on YouTube and you just think "yeah looks manageable" but onboard it's pretty mental lol.

So, next up is tyres and a diff...

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Jambo

30th Apr 12 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was going to say Tyres are the first thing to check, as well as suspension, how hard is it?

Diff would be a great idea as well.

Also was the map tailored for FWd cars? I seem to remember there being a boost limit on Phase 3.5 on C20LET stuff, been a while so i dont remember but is that a possibility?

[Edited on 30-04-2012 by Jambo]
JordyCarter

30th Apr 12 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

arghh i hate that song
NathanR

30th Apr 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds awesome pal . Would love to LET mine , my mate has one running 220bhp and that's quick enough !

I think 300bhp in a corsa that you use everyday is more than enough . Lad on ccuk "petrolheadmatt" has his running a garret gt28 and he's had nothing but problems since he's fitted . His is 379bhp and 380lb/ft of tourque and I've seen a few videos and it jus looks so hard to drive !

You got a progress thread for this mate ? Wouldn't mind seeing some photos of it
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

30th Apr 12 at 16:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Was going to say Tyres are the first thing to check, as well as suspension, how hard is it?

Diff would be a great idea as well.

Also was the map tailored for FWd cars? I seem to remember there being a boost limit on Phase 3.5 on C20LET stuff, been a while so i dont remember but is that a possibility?

[Edited on 30-04-2012 by Jambo]

It would be really useful to have a limit in lower gears but Im not too sure, regal didn't mention anything. The other thing would be to have switchable boost. Not quite sure how'd I'd go about doing that though. I know they offer that on Astra's fitted with a Sport button.

Tyres are first though. Don't really want to spend out on R888's again though as they cost loads and last 5 minutes! lol

Corsa C Z20Let

Sly_SRi
Premium Member

30th Apr 12 at 16:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NathanR
Sounds awesome pal . Would love to LET mine , my mate has one running 220bhp and that's quick enough !

I think 300bhp in a corsa that you use everyday is more than enough . Lad on ccuk "petrolheadmatt" has his running a garret gt28 and he's had nothing but problems since he's fitted . His is 379bhp and 380lb/ft of tourque and I've seen a few videos and it jus looks so hard to drive !

You got a progress thread for this mate ? Wouldn't mind seeing some photos of it

I think that guy lives in Reading aswell who has that Corsa. I've not seen it but I've heard from other people about it. Yeah imo anything over 250 is too much lol. And I need to get some proper pics up soon, I've not had the car long though and weathers been terrible so once we get sunshine I'll take some proper photos

P.s. yours looks better than mine!

Corsa C Z20Let

Mark.W

30th Apr 12 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks fun to drive

Sounds quality aswell
lee mitchell

30th Apr 12 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

f28's have a switch in the box for 1st gear. which limits the boost
Jambo

30th Apr 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds lovely!
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

30th Apr 12 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that needs to come to a SC meet

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
NathanR

30th Apr 12 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
quote:
Originally posted by NathanR

I think that guy lives in Reading aswell who has that Corsa. I've not seen it but I've heard from other people about it. Yeah imo anything over 250 is too much lol. And I need to get some proper pics up soon, I've not had the car long though and weathers been terrible so once we get sunshine I'll take some proper photos

P.s. yours looks better than mine!

Yeah that's the one ! He even has a Quafee LSD fitted and it spins up in 1st 2nd and 3rd . Yeah do it mate would love to see some pics of it as a whole ! And haha thanks mate , would rather have power over looks though dude !
Lee_fr200

30th Apr 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's why I had a RStuning map on mine rather than a regal map, regals maps are too aggressive and not got drivability, on my RStuning map it was smooth and progressive and ran 292bhp 340lb/ft
NathanR

30th Apr 12 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same you split you'rs lee . I want your breaks but can't justify spending that much on breaks for a 1.4
Mark.W

30th Apr 12 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would love a z20let corsa C.They seem to be the way forward nowdays in the corsa conversion world
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

30th Apr 12 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee mitchell
f28's have a switch in the box for 1st gear. which limits the boost

Sounds like a sensible idea tbh. Not sure what box mine is running. It's 5 speed from an Astra H SRi.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee_fr200
That's why I had a RStuning map on mine rather than a regal map, regals maps are too aggressive and not got drivability, on my RStuning map it was smooth and progressive and ran 292bhp 340lb/ft

Yeah this probably would have been a better option. Ah well. I'm sure I'll get more used to it over time!

Corsa C Z20Let

Mieran

30th Apr 12 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is never enough power, after a few months you will want more
Daveskater
Premium Member

30th Apr 12 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to come into some decent coin so I can get Warren to stick a turbo on mine That's the dream

Looks pretty quick from that video though, looks good in the pics you've got up too. You going to be at PVS?

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Generation

30th Apr 12 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched it and turned off after about 10 seconds. what the hell are you listening to

Bit boring watching on mute
Nic Barnes

30th Apr 12 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seems to go well that.
Kippers

1st May 12 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
Watched it and turned off after about 10 seconds. what the hell are you listening to

Bit boring watching on mute

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just returned from Regal.. 24 database queries in 0.0149310 seconds