corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Time Attack 2012 - Round 1 Cadwell Park

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Time Attack 2012 - Round 1 Cadwell Park
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th May 12 at 18:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had our first round at Cadwell Park last weekend..

my weekend started at 8pm thursday night, driving up to cadwell i managed to get there at about 10:30 in the pissing rain, a guy came up and charged me £10 for the camping (id hardly call sleeping in the vx camping but meh!) lol

i was bored of playing on my phoe by about 11pm and decided to try get some shut eye, just as i was about to nod off i heard a tapping at the window, it was mike.. so i got out and we went about setting up camp..

got the gazebo, tent and trailer all sorted by about 2am so we retired to the tent and got our heads down, 20 mins later i was on the floor as the airbed had a hole in it so i went to the vx to attempt some shut eye.. it didnt happen.. i watched the rain start and stop and the sun come up, i got about 1 hours sleep that night.

friday was the day of testing which went well the rest of the team rocked up and we just got stuff ready for the first round.

sat came and i managed a couple hours sleep as i upgraded my sleeping quarters to the nissan tow car so it was like a hilton hotel compared to the travel lodge vx.

the raceday was dry during the practise and warm up and pissing it down during qualify so we changed the setup of the car to suit the wet conditions and off we went qualifying 1st i think it was so we was hoping for the rain to carry on during the rest of the day as the other boys just didnt seem to be able to get the power down too well but no matter how many rain dances we did it soon dried up and it was deemed dry so we altered everything back to our dry setup and off we went into the final.

lap by lap went by and we were mid pack with our times and we was in for an excellent lap but a porsche driver kinda got in the way so we lost that lap but mike managed to pull a good last lap which put us into 2nd place over all.

so overall we were pretty chuffed with the results of the first round, knowing we could of taken first place made it slightly easier to swallow but the winner deserved it as he did some spectacular driving that day.

here are a couple of pics which have surfaced

[Edited on 08-05-2012 by chris_uk]
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car looks great on track

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 18:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a bad effort, any vids or onboard footage?
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 18:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only footage really is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrMNIIsdplg

one of the pit lads following mike on the test day

chris_uk
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

big eck

8th May 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a fun day, good pics. Is that an Audi in the first pic???
AK

8th May 12 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, Audi S2 from Holland.

Good stuff chris.... You heading to KH in June?

Fee is entering in PRO
SteveoBC
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
only footage really is this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrMNIIsdplg

one of the pit lads following mike on the test day

Looks like a good vid to me! Handles and goes well by the looks of it
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 21:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Yup, Audi S2 from Holland.

Good stuff chris.... You heading to KH in June?

Fee is entering in PRO

yea ill be at all the events

which tyres has she gone for?
AK

8th May 12 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She has Pirreli slicks (cant r'ber compound of the drys but the wets are W6)
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sweet, you going to be there?
Gary
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Needs a fake carbon roof scoop.
AK

8th May 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no i'll be in Holland or Norway I think
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th May 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Needs a fake carbon roof scoop.

why? its real carbon wrapped in red.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Time Attack 2012 - Round 1 Cadwell Park 24 database queries in 0.0777841 seconds