corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Paypal Site Intergration

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Paypal Site Intergration
Dom

User status: Offline
10th May 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a quick question, am i right in assuming your need Paypal 'Website Payment Pro' added to your business account in order to use the API?
Sam
Premium Member

10th May 12 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For off the shelf e-commerce products, no you can just use PayPal Express or something similar for free.
Dom

10th May 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about custom API access? ie: for not using a COTS commerce product, rather you're own site integration

Another question altogether, am i right in think Paypal Express allows the user to click a 'Pay' button which will take them off-site but if a callback URL is specified then it'll return them once they've completed the checkout?

[Edited on 10-05-2012 by Dom]
ed

10th May 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use the express thing on my website (I think - its just a WordPress plugin). Goes to PayPal and takes the payment then returns to a thank you page. It returns data when it comes back (Post I assume) that's signed, I assume you can decode it somehow to get the deets you need.
Dom

10th May 12 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking into Paypal Express but i'm not using wordpress and Paypal's website is absolutely shocking trying to find a simple answer on how to implement it
Chrissy
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 00:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah you should be able to sent up Express for free.. AFAIK Website Payments Pro just lets you deal with the whole transaction on your page rather than the customer being redirected to Paypal and back.

>>>> Chris <<<<

Sam
Premium Member

11th May 12 at 07:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plus you have to pay for it.
ed

11th May 12 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a PHP class which will make the request for you to post to PayPal: http://blog.moorberry.biz/2010/04/paypal-nvp-api/
Dom

11th May 12 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last question - i know if you use NVP (using the Paypal API etc) you can get a transaction response but is this the same if you just use HTML forms, ie: on the callback URL will it include the response in POST headers etc?

Much appreciated all

New Poll