corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Insurance question
Munchie

User status: Offline
16th May 12 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Updating my insurance as last insurance company decided to cancel it.....

Anyway.......I have been offered this.....which is a good £150 cheaper than having a 12 month policy.

Bell.co.uk insurance-

"Policy term
The standard car insurance policy runs for 12 months.

We offer a special Bonus Accelerator policy aimed at customers building their No Claims Bonus. This policy runs for 10 months. Providing you do not have a claim during the policy term, we will offer you a renewal price based on you having earned a full year of No Claims Bonus. This allows you to build up your No Claims Bonus more quickly, saving you money year after year."

Does this mean that if I buy this......I will get 12 months insurance for period of 10 months?
Dan295

16th May 12 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, but only the admiral group accept the ten month scheme, so essentially your tieing yourself to admiral in future as some insurers dont/wont accept any no claims bonus as it doesnt last a year
whitter45

16th May 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above its good but ties you into that company - think elephant do the same as they are part of the same group

no other company would accept NCB based on accelerator scheme
Liam-Wilko

16th May 12 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

other companys only accept NCD after the accelarator so if you with them for 1 year 10 months you will have 2 years NCD with that company

if you then move you will only have 1 year to take with you
Munchie

16th May 12 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sack that
James

16th May 12 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always had 10 month accelerators with Admiral and when I requested proof of no claims, the letter didn't mention anything about it being obtained via 10 month accelerators.
Liam-Wilko

16th May 12 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
I always had 10 month accelerators with Admiral and when I requested proof of no claims, the letter didn't mention anything about it being obtained via 10 month accelerators.

thats unusual best bet is to phone admaril and have a word with them

[Edited on 16-05-2012 by Liam-Wilko]
John

16th May 12 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't get 12 months insurance for 10 months, you'll get 10 months insurance.

You'll get 1 years NCB after 10 months, with which I've never personally had a problem using elsewhere, other people seem to have had issue though.
Munchie

16th May 12 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ill just go with the 12 months through Bell......not sure who will be insuring me next year or what car I will have!
andy_mk3

16th May 12 at 16:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last year I had A 10 month policy with admiral, switched to LV this year no problems at all.
Fro

16th May 12 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work it out fully as when i did it turned out to be more expensive than taking out a 12 month if you broke it down.
Jay

16th May 12 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro
Work it out fully as when i did it turned out to be more expensive than taking out a 12 month if you broke it down.

Was just going to say this, over the year its cheaper on 12 months ive always been with admiral/elephant and used my ncb 2 of which were 10month policies with another company with no hassle
Toby
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fro

But you in theory would have the 2 months reduced because of the NCB working out about the same give or take a few quid
pow
Premium Member

16th May 12 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Transferred 2 years ncb from 10 month admiral policies to my current insurer with no issue a couple of years ago. Issue comes around if you have more NBC than years you've been driving. Nothing on the renewal mentions about the length of the policy the ncb was obtained with.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Insurance question 23 database queries in 0.0119669 seconds