corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People that have driven Ferrari's & Lamborghini's

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People that have driven Ferrari's & Lamborghini's
BarnshaW

User status: Offline
21st May 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its an experience not a ferrari nurburgring track day. jesus christ
Nic Barnes

21st May 12 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can't tell these track experts that michael, they expect it to be like forza in real life for £99 with braking assist lines etc.
thegsi

21st May 12 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drove a Gallardo on an experence day and the guy wouldn't let me take it about 4500rpm, seriously. It was fucking wank. Fantastic opportunity but still more of a cruise than a 'track' experience.
I have driven my Dad's 360 once or twice and it's quite odd. I've been in some quick cars before it's like nothing else. I'd say for thrill factor, my Corsa Turbo made the 360 look tame but it's just the nature of the complete package, not just the speed. On a track or fast road, my Evo would see the 360 off with easy but driving a supercar really does feel awsome. The chassis compliance, the width, the sound. You can't get that from an old Corsa or a 4 door saloon

[Edited on 21-05-2012 by thegsi]
Colin

21st May 12 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah a shot of a 100k car for £99 is always going to be limited!
Baskey

21st May 12 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did one in a lotus Elise years ago. Ok it's no lambo but there was no duel controls and the instructor made me drive it hard, even bolloxing me for not taking it to the red line on the straights.

Ben G

21st May 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
I drove a Gallardo on an experence day and the guy wouldn't let me take it about 4500rpm, seriously. It was fucking wank. Fantastic opportunity but still more of a cruise than a 'track' experience.

it's not advertised as a track experience though. this seems to be where so many track elitists on here are getting the wrong end of the stick.
thegsi

21st May 12 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

it's not advertised as a track experience though. this seems to be where so many track elitists on here are getting the wrong end of the stick.

Ben, take your head out of your ass mate. You're misunderstanding me. I don't claim to be a track elitist, I've never even been on track. The package I had definately led me to believe you could at least 'give it a good blast' but instead I plodded around at no more than 70mph.
Ben G

21st May 12 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

apologies, i wasn't meaning you being a track elitist. i was talking about mike on the previous page, who said about taking his corsa round instead.
mike56gte

21st May 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i did a ferrari one at knockhill a couple years ago and got a young instructor and he let me rev it right to the limit. on the last lap i decided just to push it as much as i can (didnt really matter if he chucked me off was last lap anyway) the guy never cared one bit infact he almost incuraged you to drive quick.

so anyone wanting a decent experience head to knockhill and just hope you get this young guy.
FAZ
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gallardo experience was brilliant, middle aged instructor guy, pretty much let me go up and down the gears as much as i wnated and got to 110 by the end of the short straight, all he did was indicate for the atom joy rides togo past safely

iirc it did cost more than £99 though

[Edited on 21-05-2012 by FAZ]
Nath

21st May 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
I did one in a lotus Elise years ago. Ok it's no lambo but there was no duel controls and the instructor made me drive it hard, even bolloxing me for not taking it to the red line on the straights.

I had this with a TT, Elise, and a 355. Bounced the 355 off the limiter as he told me to change gear but I ignored him and kept it planted. He turned to me and said, 'thats why I told you to change up'. My bad!
Whittie

21st May 12 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I see where you're coming from, however disagree. Driven a lambo on roads before now, and its amazing, the looks you get etc is awesome, and the noise is just immense. Would get banned too quickly if i owned one!
Baskey

21st May 12 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Baskey

I had this with a TT, Elise, and a 355. Bounced the 355 off the limiter as he told me to change gear but I ignored him and kept it planted. He turned to me and said, 'thats why I told you to change up'. My bad!

The instructors must have sensed we are some sort of driving gods and let us drive them as hard as we wanted
Sean-B

21st May 12 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I have driven my Dad's 360 once or twice and it's quite odd. I've been in some quick cars before it's like nothing else. I'd say for thrill factor, my Corsa Turbo made the 360 look tame but it's just the nature of the complete package, not just the speed. On a track or fast road, my Evo would see the 360 off with ease but driving a supercar really does feel awsome. The chassis compliance, the width, the sound. You can't get that from an old Corsa or a 4 door saloon

Sly_SRi
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
The problem isn't the cars its the fact rightly or wrongly you aren't allowed to explore the cars properly. I reckon I have more fun in a ford puma on a normal track day then a supercar with dual controls

So true. I took a Ferrari 355 out and a couple of Porsches but they just don't let you even accelerate properly. I literally had 100x more fun when I took my 106 Gti on a track day at Brands hatch.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People that have driven Ferrari's & Lamborghini's 24 database queries in 0.3600800 seconds