corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW dealer issue's

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author BMW dealer issue's
JayCarr

User status: Offline
21st May 12 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought an X3 MSport from a BMW main dealer 3 and a half weeks ago. They replaced the rear tyres before picking it up as they were on the limit but didn't do the fronts as they had 3-4mm left. Picked the car up and it was knocking from the rear. Took it back and the sevice guy said it was because they hadn't changed all 4 tyres. So they put 2 new fronts on it for free.

Next day, still knocking. Took it back again and they looked at it, conclusion was there's nothing wrong with it and it's just the noise they make. I'm pretty sure BMW wouldn't make a car thats meant to knock from the rear?

Seems to me that now they've got there money they couldn't care less about the car and are fobbing me off. Not sure what to do or if anone has any idea what it may be? Can i take it to another BMW dealership and get work done under warranty or is it dealer specific?

Matty SRi

21st May 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id take it to a different garage, get them to check it out and if something is wrong, then go straight back to BMW waving a sheet of paper telling them what needs doing.
ShEp

21st May 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As matty said,

You'll need to harrass them to get anything done, they've got your money now,
Sunz

21st May 12 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It might be the ECU that controls the 4 wheel drive system that needs to be reset.

Did they match all the tyres, so they are the same brand and version ?

There is a big problem with X3 rear knocking but for them to just say "it does that" and no offer any explanation isn't very good customer service.
Seany

21st May 12 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it back and say that you want it fixed or its getting returned and you want your money back.
It's common sense that the car shouldn't be knocking .
JayCarr

21st May 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they fitted Dunlop SP01's all round that have the star on the sidewall so are BMW approved.

Next closest dealer is the same franchise as the one i bought it from, so dont want to take it to them either. Will have to travel a bit further i suppose.

Been thinking about trying to get my money back but not sure on my rights etc. Plus i love the car, just want it to not knock!
pow
Premium Member

21st May 12 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drop it back, demand a courtesy car until it's fixed. Threaten with trading standards.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » BMW dealer issue's 23 database queries in 0.0552368 seconds