corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speeding

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speeding
Mertin

User status: Offline
3rd Mar 12 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was caught in a similar situation, when I seen them they were coming down a road so didnt expect them to have had the gun and I was nipping on and thought they pulled me for that but had the gun reading 82mph (in a 60mph)

It'll just be your word against theres in court with regards to distance etc, and Im not sure the judge will favour your side in that argument with doing near on twice the limit.
I got shown the gun, I was going to ask for calibration etc but didnt want to push my luck as Id already claimed I was doing 65-70 before I knew they had the gun.
I had the option to take the 3 points or go to court, I just took the 3 points and £60 fine, court cna go either way depending on the judge
FAZ
Premium Member

3rd Mar 12 at 05:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

6 points for me doing 63 in a 30 with a £158 fine

say you need car for work, lack of public transport etc etc etc
ChrisBoom

3rd Mar 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mertin
I was caught in a similar situation, when I seen them they were coming down a road so didnt expect them to have had the gun and I was nipping on and thought they pulled me for that but had the gun reading 82mph (in a 60mph)

It'll just be your word against theres in court with regards to distance etc, and Im not sure the judge will favour your side in that argument with doing near on twice the limit.
I got shown the gun, I was going to ask for calibration etc but didnt want to push my luck as Id already claimed I was doing 65-70 before I knew they had the gun.
I had the option to take the 3 points or go to court, I just took the 3 points and £60 fine, court cna go either way depending on the judge

Ill see if the letter offered 3 points and a fine, if it does ill take it.

Got my 3/4 plate on thursday too, told to take it off already At least they didnt hit me with the £60 fine for it!
John

3rd Mar 12 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jerham
All complete bollocks. I got caught on a motorway doing 94 and went on the speed awareness course. Not my first offence either. They say education is key to better driving so want everyone to do the course. 4 hour course and some of it is actually interesting.

94 isn't almost double 70.
mattant

3rd Mar 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jerham
All complete bollocks. I got caught on a motorway doing 94 and went on the speed awareness course. Not my first offence either. They say education is key to better driving so want everyone to do the course. 4 hour course and some of it is actually interesting.

The motorway is a bit different though, it was designed for those kinds of speeds as there never used to be a speed limit on it. Long wide lanes and no traffic lights, pedestrians, roundabouts etc, so the police are more likely to be softer on you
jacko198

3rd Mar 12 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tough one really isnt it. If they didnt show you the gun, then how do you know? Thing is, if you contested that, they might have it saved as evidence.

Thing is, unless it is saved onto the gun and then put into a computer, i cant see how it works, surely the copper could say "yeah it was 100mph on the gun"
david clay

3rd Mar 12 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got caught doing 42 in a 30 zone and i av been offerd the speed awareness course wich is 75 pound to pay you dont pay no fines just the course fee
Mertin

4th Mar 12 at 05:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisBoom
quote:
Originally posted by Mertin

Ill see if the letter offered 3 points and a fine, if it does ill take it.

Got my 3/4 plate on thursday too, told to take it off already At least they didnt hit me with the £60 fine for it!

That lasted long
Their on a campaign about HIDs down here and a mate got pulled in his Astra Gsi and then he pointed out to them that it was xenons. They didnt even mention about his 3/4 plate

[Edited on 04-03-2012 by Mertin]
Welly Wanger

4th Mar 12 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think with the points you will tally up from this you might win a 50" LED Samsung tv. Oh hold on wrong game, points don't mean prizes.
alan-g-w

4th Mar 12 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 points and a fine for 86 in a 50 here, on the motorway though

I find from watching Road Wars and the like that the police down south are a lot more lenient when it comes to traffic offences

[Edited on 04-03-2012 by alan-g-w]
stan_the_man

4th Mar 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Points make pushbikes!
ChrisBoom

24th May 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Up in court today, pled guilty by letter. Got 4 points and £320 fine, could of been much worse!
stan_the_man

24th May 12 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could have been 3 points and £60 if you'd coughed up at first?!

[Edited on 24-05-2012 by stan_the_man]
Nick-S

25th May 12 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by NE-FLOCK
No chance of speed awareness

Awareness course is once every 4 years, eg you got points you won't c eligible.

Normally 10% plus 3/4mph it similar, eg 30 zone, 10% = 3 + 3/4 = 36/7mph
Its once every 3 years and i got a course after being snaped at 42 in a 30 last year.
RichR
Premium Member

25th May 12 at 09:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

limit for speed awareness course (in Staffordshire at least) is 38-44mph in a 30 zone; 37 or below and they dont prosecute from a fixed camera
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th May 12 at 10:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VegasPhil
Take the three points. Everybody speeds

Round here they hide their marked police cars round the road and leap out of bushes etc with their speed cameras

I got caught yesterday like this. First time.

I get one of Hampshire Polices Courses apparently.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
oceansoul

25th May 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think with the gun and calibration certificate thing, if you ask to see the calibration data for that day, then they have to show you it. This involves a trip to the station to dig it out etc. Most coppers cba doing this, so dont bother and let you off. But it might also make them arsey and try get you for something else. Or they might just drive to the station and show you, wasting everyones time.
Whittie

25th May 12 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I nearly lost the will to live attending one of those courses.
Blobby17

25th May 12 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The officer should have explained you will be taken to court.
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

25th May 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most likely 6 points and a court appearance
Ben G

25th May 12 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deadliner
most likely 6 points and a court appearance

4 points and £320 fine i reckon mate.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Speeding 24 database queries in 0.0116060 seconds