corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa rear brake load compensator

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa rear brake load compensator
corsajay88

User status: Offline
30th May 12 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was doing the back brakes on my corsa this weekend and noticed this spring was knackered, its totaly slack and rusted and i cant adjust it. how important is this, i have new discs and pads on the front and rears are totaly renewed and the brakes feel good and stop well. also is this an mot fail. thanks in advance.
Ian
Site Administrator

30th May 12 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not having the adjustment on isn't an MOT fail but the balance must still be OK

Test it braking in a big empty car park with quarter a turn on the steering wheel, if it stops in a straight line you're OK

Might also be worth asking an MOT place if they'll bosh it on the brake tester instead of a full test just to be sure.
corsajay88

30th May 12 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok thanks, ive tested them thoroughly and brakes are good they work very well. Just being over cautious since i had that bump a few weeks ago

New Poll