corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fan switch on Corsa redtop

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fan switch on Corsa redtop
Davejs

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 12 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright I'm crap with electrics but I want to put my radiator fan on a switch in side the car?? Any ideas?
mac1976

3rd Jun 12 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

simple , switch is on the rad , drivers side 2 wires coming off of it , tap into the wires run them into the car and get a toggle switch and connect up where ever u want the switch
Davejs

3rd Jun 12 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking that but I've got no fan switch and have been told buy the guy I bought the radiator off of won't take a standard Corsa fan switch so I just want to put the fan on its own switch! I had it running with the ignition but when I turn the car off the car seems to run on a little bit when fan plugged up ign live and earthed on battery??
corsadonk
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is what I used.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dax-Cobra-427-Fan-Thermostat-Switch-/140757553007?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20c5cdcf6f
Just the job, and it's easy to wire in.

[Edited on 03-06-2012 by corsadonk]
Davejs

3rd Jun 12 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Interesting mike! But even if I wired the fan in on the ign live and earth on battery why does it cause the engine to run on when you switch ign off?
corsadonk
Premium Member

3rd Jun 12 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New Poll