corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wedding car business

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wedding car business
NovaGTE2

User status: Offline
8th Jun 12 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thinking of ways to make my millions and had the idea of setting up a wedding hire business. My father in law has a classic rover which we used for our wedding and the photographer has sad he hasnt seen something so nice for a long time.

Was thinking of this and maybe a small business loan something big and luxury as a second car like a Bentley arnage or something. It wouldnt be my sole income as also have a well paid job; but something for a friday, saturday and Sunday income.

Whats peoples thoughts; would be a fair bit of income for only a few hours a day?

Just a random need to make more money thought at the moment!!
Ben G

8th Jun 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my brother and his other half are wedding photographers (second job) and said wedding car hire firms make a lot of money from this.

if you know someone in the wedding business it obviously makes it a lot easier to get custom as they can pass your details on to the bride groom.
NovaGTE2

8th Jun 12 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont know anyone; but our photographer did say to my father in law if he ever wants to do it pro let him know as people ask him all the time and he would happily recomend.

Looking at Arnage would bd circe £20K and looking around the pair would be near £1K for the day
deanmcreynolds26

9th Jun 12 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couple of s class mercs maybe? Much cheaper!
AndyKent

9th Jun 12 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just use his Rover?

Buy a fancy uniform and some insurance on it, bung him a few quid for repairs and have something unique without the expense of a loan.

Not sure many banks would lend a business loan where your number one purchase is a Bentley
dan_m1les

9th Jun 12 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad has his car listed with a company who you can rent the cars through.

The price is set by my dad due to miles and the job etc. and the company the car is listed with hold no stock they just take a percentage fee from each of the car owners.

Dad seems to do quite well out of it for somethign to do on a saturday/sunday a couple of tiems a month.

http://www.firstchoiceweddingcars.co.uk/wedding-car-hire/view-all-cars/202-dodge-viper
RichR
Premium Member

9th Jun 12 at 10:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did a couple of weddings just after I got my jag, the car doesn't need to be amazing so long as its clean and well dressed with ribbons, parcel shelf flowers etc. mine was used as the second car for the three weddings I did, taking the bridesmaids as opposed to the bride or groom-£100 a time and a couple of hours on a Saturday
antnee

9th Jun 12 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a small personal loan and buy a Bentley Turbo R

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201222474408503/sort/default/usedcars/model/turbo_r/make/bentley/radius/1500/postcode/ng27gx/page/1/quicksearch/true?logcode=p
scottyp1989

9th Jun 12 at 21:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and mate were on about this, was going to spray his mk2 jag and get a couple of S types
Nismo

10th Jun 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The in laws used to have a wedding horse carriage business, 2 white horses and a posh cart, they were busy pretty much every weekend of the year, they used to take between 500-800 per wedding, and it only involved taking thebride and groom to and from the church / venue. They did it for about 10 years and sold the business about 3 years ago as they wanted there weekends back.

If you have the capital to make it work go for it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Wedding car business 23 database queries in 0.0092440 seconds