corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Removing a private plate before selling a car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Removing a private plate before selling a car
Mertin

User status: Offline
12th Jun 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About to take the private plate off my car before I sell it but was wondering do you have to wait for the new V5 to come back to you or are you left with a part of the V5 that you can still sell the car?
Or is it easier selling the car with it on or whats the best way to go about it?
Nismo

12th Jun 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you are meant to wait for the V5 to come back, i sold mine without the V5 but proved to the owner that I had it with a copy.

If you sell with the plate, they then become the registered owner of the plate.
Mertin

12th Jun 12 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might take a photocopy / picture of the v5 to prove to owner before I send it off to get the plate taken off and then sort it out as soon as its back. All depends how quick it sells really
corsa120

12th Jun 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just done this mate, you need to go to ur local dvla office and they will take v5 from u and send it off themselves on ur behalve and u just wait for new docs to come through....

to be fair id wait for stuff to come back.... im alot of people minds they'd rather have all the paperwork there before coming to view a car... least thats how i think
Mertin

12th Jun 12 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
just done this mate, you need to go to ur local dvla office and they will take v5 from u and send it off themselves on ur behalve and u just wait for new docs to come through....

to be fair id wait for stuff to come back.... im alot of people minds they'd rather have all the paperwork there before coming to view a car... least thats how i think

Suppose it'll be up to them at the end of the day, I will say in advert that im waiting for the docs to come back. If their desperate for the car they can have it, if not then they can easily wait until the docs do come through
DaveyLC

13th Jun 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The DVLA says you must NOT sell a car without the V5C.. I've done it a few times though I've just drawn up some paper work that we have both signed and then back dated the new V5.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Removing a private plate before selling a car 23 database queries in 0.0097821 seconds