corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Used car with a towbar

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Used car with a towbar
purple_corsa_gls

User status: Offline
19th Jun 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im looking at changing my car after the problems I've had with the rav4 I bought. There is a Mazda 6 I've seen but it has a twin socket towbar fitted and it's from a dealer so cannot ask the history of it or how much it has been used.

Would this put you off buying a car, as I guess that towing a caravan the engine, clutch and rear suspension would have been under some pressure?

I need a bigger car as going down to one car and having a baby in the next few weeks, so what other cars to consider for around £4k and about the size of a Mazda 6? Has to be reliable and low ish running costs

Cheers

Paul
RichR
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 10:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dealer = warranty. Wouldn't bother me; chances are its towed a box trailer to the tip 5 times in its life.

Tell tale signs of caravan could be scratches on the wing mirror casing from the mirror extensions. Check for damage to the rear bumper around the hitch as well
john_redtop

19th Jun 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check to see if the pins on both plugs have scratches on them due to plugs going in and out
purple_corsa_gls

19th Jun 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It has a hitch plate so there shouldn't be a huge amount of damage to the bumper, but will look at the plate. Will check the mirrors too thanks.

It's a 2004 with 65k so I know there will be some wear and tear to expect, just can't be bothered buying another car that needs work doing to it (especially when sold as good condition). Got all of the bits sorted on the rav4 and just wanting rid now
RichR
Premium Member

19th Jun 12 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there's enough of them on the market. If you're put off, go for another
purple_corsa_gls

19th Jun 12 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, just don't know enough and whether to be wary or not
John

19th Jun 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only look at local cars then it's easy to just walk away.

Don't drive to Glasgow for cars that are ten a penny on the way up.
purple_corsa_gls

19th Jun 12 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep - lesson learnt with this one. Should be able to sell it for what I bought it for if not a bit more so will sell then look at another cheaper car to run, as other things have changed since buying it
McWillster

19th Jun 12 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Skoda Octavia TDI

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Used car with a towbar 23 database queries in 0.0104799 seconds