corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » indicators

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author indicators
Root

User status: Offline
1st Jul 12 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sometimes when I indicate to turn right, it'll flash very fast, sometimes it flashes normally.
When it flashes fast, the front indicator isn't working, when it flashes normally, both work.

Obviously the bulb is okay, could it be the stalk? Because when I turn the steering wheel, sometimes it will change between the fast/normal indication speed.

Thanks
l88fty
Premium Member

1st Jul 12 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the connection on the bulb in the front indicator, the fast ticking is a driver aid to let you know a bulb is out.

Try cleaning up the bulb socket on the front indicator, check theres no play in it and the bulb is firmly in place when you refit it, see how you get on with that

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929
Root

1st Jul 12 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will check the connection now, but I thought because of the way it will change intermittently when I turn the wheel, it could be the stalk. I've had a similar problem with an old corsa with a stalk, where it'd randomly high beam people, lol.

I'll check the connection now and report my findings, thanks
Root

1st Jul 12 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Connection is all good as is the wiring going to it. While I was checking the condition of the lights, before I went to check them, I put the indicators on, with ignition on (coil) and they worked fine. After I checked the condition of connections/wires, I checked it again and it was flicking fast again. So to be sure it wasn't a wire I moved, I left it on, went to the engine and wiggled the wires the best that I could and the bulb didn't come back on. Maybe the bulb is just dodgy after all? I think when I cba I'll swap the bulb from my passenger side to driver side and see if the problem persists with a 100% working bulb.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jul 12 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its more likely to be the current draw in the cable than the bulb although yeah, swap it and see. If the problem moves you'll know for sure.
Root

2nd Jul 12 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, so get this...I swapped the bulbs, now the problem has gone away completely from either side. I hope it lasts, but if this is it's fix..wtf? lol
l88fty
Premium Member

3rd Jul 12 at 00:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LN Customs - Lincolnshires Award Winning Enthusiasts Motoring Club
Web:lncustoms.co.uk Email: Lofty (Club Manager) Tel: 07876220929

New Poll