corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Thoughts on car not starting?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Thoughts on car not starting?
Eddx14xe

User status: Offline
23rd Jul 12 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically i'm on holiday and my car is at my girlfriends house. I've asked her to start it a couple of times just to let it warm up etc while im away. I've had an email from her saying it now won't start, she reckons the battery is dead but she's still using the key fobe to lock and unlock it, it's got a clifford alarm on it so has remote central locking.

She said the key will turn but no lights etc on and it won't start, yet as i stated it locks/unlocks with the key fobe. What can cause this? Usually I would agree about the battery but if its dead surly the remote locking wouldn't work?

Just want ideas really as I'm now on holiday worrying something has happened to it and i'm going to get a big repair bill when i'm home.
Ian
Site Administrator

23rd Jul 12 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remote locking draws a lot less current than trying to start it.

How long are you away for? Not really necessary to do anything unless its months and even then, it'll need a proper drive not just sitting ticking over.
Mr-SEH

23rd Jul 12 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worry when your back enjoy your holiday.
Eddx14xe

23rd Jul 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm back on Wednesday Ian but it's still on my mind. She said that no lights will work at all. It was being driven just two weeks ago.

I'm probably worrying over nothing and it's something simple but as I'm on holiday I can't look at it myself and I'm being made redundant in august, so repair bills would be a right PITA atm.
Mike
Organiser: North West and North Wales
Premium Member

23rd Jul 12 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the immobiliser wired up on the Clifford? They tend to have a delay whereby if you haven't turned the ignition on within about 30 seconds of unlocking, the immobiliser cuts in again and you've got to lock and unlock it again before you get ignition lights. My brother had one on his old MR2 and it was a pain in the arse for that.
Eddx14xe

23rd Jul 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah mike, it does have that but I completely forgot about it. Knowing woman, she's getting in it then sits there for 10mins before she decides what she is actually doing.

That would make sense, as the central locking is working etc but she can't start it.

Thanks.

New Poll