corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » star silver sport

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author star silver sport
corsajay88

User status: Offline
5th Mar 12 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

after a lot of thinking i have decided to keep my sport. i bought it about 3 months ago and since then the headgasket was going, so i got that sorted, then immediately after it started burning oil which seemed to go but now is back and reminds me of uncle bucks car when i first start it.

its a silver 1.6 sport, with a vx powerbox, lowered 40mm on standard shocks (sorted this week as the ride is awful), cav slabs.

heres a few pics as it stands, i started cleaning the cam cover.

then when doin a bit of work on it i noticed one of the tyres was quite badly worn on the inside edge at this point i had just about given up on this car it was either a choice of rebuild or startlooking for a new one. i thought long and hard but realised i wasn't ready to get a different car just yet.

so ive ordered 2 track rod ends, 2 lower balljoints, 2 arms, antiroll bar bushes, new exhaust rubbers as its rattleing due to them being worn, and new wheel bearings. also buying koni shocks from nathan6490 on here, also having a look at his engine and will be buying this if its good condition.

more updates this week when all my parts arrive, im actually looking forward to getting this running nicely again.
corsajay88

16th Mar 12 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so started on replacing the front suspension, balljoints etc this week and has been an absoloute nightmare due to all the nuts and bolts being totally rusted. i actually snapped a half inch breaker bar undoing the bolts on the struts. anyway after a couple of days of swearing a hammering away i seem to be winning.

heres a few pics

corsajay88

24th Jul 12 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thought id give this project thread another go had the car a while now, first thing had a bit of a crash and it looked like this

most of the damage was to the slam panel

after a lot of persuasion, i managed to get it sort of back to how it was so the bonnet would shut.

but with the slam panel being slightly out of shape nothing on the front lined up properly

needed it on the road so it had to wait though the problem with it burning oil was getting steadily worse so a rebuild or new engine was on the cards
found an engine someone on here was selling, it had no history and had no proof of it being rebuilt which he said it had been. went to have a look and could see from his project car he was breaking that he had spent a lot of money on a car that hadnt really seen the road. decided to take a chance.

took the old smokey engine out not taken many pictures as i always forget

new engine painted gloss black

couple of months down the line and it was mot time, knew it was going to fail, it failed on headlight aim, hole in the sill, hole in front arch, number plate light not working and emission's.

first job to clean up the sill and inspect the damage

worse than i expected but easily fixed, undersealed the car for good measure.

emmisions was fixed easily enough as it was missfiring and the fueling was all over the place. found the problem when it died completely as it got back from the mot. turned out to be a loose earth wire on the side of the inlet.

headlight aim was out, the only way to fix it properly was to replace the slam panel so ordered one and got to work

front end stripped

old panel off, new panel in place. this wasn't an original part was from a motor factors but the fit was very good and only needed a bit adjusting.

new panel welded in place and started putting back together

the finished product, everything lines up now

passed mot the day after all the hard work paid off.

any comments are welcome

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » star silver sport 24 database queries in 0.0138459 seconds