corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Alternator belt

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Alternator belt
CorsaSportFirstCar

User status: Offline
21st Jul 12 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys, been out today to try and replace my alternator belt as it snapped last night hitting a pothole and it doesnt see easy to fit at all. Looks like engine mount is in the way.

I have a corsa 1.4 16v with PAS and AC. Can anyone help me or guide me to a tutorial or something as it looks like i need to remove the engine mount atm

Cheers
johnhara1

21st Jul 12 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Block of wood and a jack to support the engine whilst you remove the mount.
moka

27th Jul 12 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have just tried.to change mine as it snapped, how do i adjust the tensioner? i have the belt pretty much on, just trying to fit it over the alternator but cnt.....
john_redtop

27th Jul 12 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When fitting a new belt put it on the alternater pully then half on the bottom one put the car in gear then rock it it will go on the rest of the way people will say it will stretch the belt but I've never had any problems done loads like it

[Edited on 27-07-2012 by john_redtop]

New Poll