corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Coilovers catching on the front.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coilovers catching on the front.
LukesCorsaSXi

User status: Offline
26th Jul 12 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sup guys, the 2 front alloys on the car both catch on my coilovers. I've tried 5mm spacers, does the same, so tried 10mm spacers, which are too big. (Bolts aren't long enough to go through the spacers and screw in) Tyres are 45's. Anyone got any suggestions on what I could do to stop them from catching? I've thought about having the tracking sorted when I insure it in September but that's all I can think of. My brother (DansCorsaSXi) has had a look at them but doesn't know either.

Thanks.
gary2097

26th Jul 12 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

now mate what coilovers are you using? I have gaz coiloevers front and rear with 16" speedlines and had the same issue i used 5mm spacers and now theres loads of room. What wheels you go on it? it sounds to me that the offset is too low which is causing your issues
LukesCorsaSXi

26th Jul 12 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

16" speedlines mate. And they are FK coilovers.
D0NN3R

26th Jul 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem try adjusting the camber
LukesCorsaSXi

26th Jul 12 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do dude, cheers
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

26th Jul 12 at 16:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The coilovers are either FK or a similar make. We bought them off Carl Roper off here,will have to get in touch with him.

I think it's the size of the tyres,there 45s where as mine are 40s and don't catch. They've got 5mm spacers too.

For the camber i've done it buy eye and wheels are pretty straight. Might have to have a little play with them and see if i can do owt.

It's bugging us and i just can't get my head round as there should be no probs with them being speedlines. :/

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
carl roper

26th Jul 12 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to use 5mm spacers but they there fine with three different sets of alloys, ET 38 and two sets at ET44. I was using camber bolts though as twice the strut moved (the elongated hole) and this caused major tyre rubbing.
C20 VX

27th Jul 12 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a similar issue with GAZ coiovers both front and rear. PRetty much everyones solution i had spoke to was to add spacers. I used washers to begin with to decide on the minimum thickness required to stop the wheels fouling the suspension. Saved buying all different sizes.
*CorsaCal*

27th Jul 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had this on mine as ive got FKs. Adjusting the camber isnt good because youll end up with positive camber to get it to clear. On mine it was the adjuster nut catching on the tyre so i simply ground the side of the nut, not past the strut bottom but enough and ive never had any problems since.
AshGSi

29th Jul 12 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the the actual wheel catching, or just the tyre? 40 profile tyres and 5mm spacers should see you reet
LukesCorsaSXi

29th Jul 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The top of the alloy was catching. They're not anymore, but on full left lock my tyre scrapes the arch.

New Poll