corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1 Litre Owners Club

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 1 Litre Owners Club
D0NN3R

User status: Offline
9th Aug 12 at 07:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer it is but i still get 45 miles to a fiver
BeetleGav

9th Aug 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldnt drive with old 5quid in the tank, constant redlight roulette would have me a paranoid wreck!
Y869 SRA

9th Aug 12 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
I couldnt drive with old 5quid in the tank, constant redlight roulette would have me a paranoid wreck!

Me neither. I always put a tenner in and when the light comes on, I put another tenner in.
BeetleGav

9th Aug 12 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah same, ill drive with the redlight on for about 20mins max!
shaunmods
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I never used to get anything less than 45 mpg out of my old 1.0 beasty my personal best was 140 miles to a tenner Was a few years back mind when fuel was cheaper. I swear they run on air!
CORSAguy93

9th Aug 12 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont even let the light come on in my 1.2. to risky with the ever reliable corsa b fuel gauge turn left u get more fuel and it doesnt go back down haha
Root

9th Aug 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just bought a 1 litre unfortunately.

Because insurance is very unfair to somebody with 0 years NCB and 23. After 1-2 years NCB, I'll hopefully be able to get at least a 1.6 for a little bit of umph.

Crashed a previous 1 litre because it wasn't fast enough to overtake a car.

I find that I don't get good mpg really. Although I just serviced her. I think it's because it's so slow that you have to mash your foot down to actually move anywhere.

[Edited on 09-08-2012 by Root]
Root

9th Aug 12 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSAguy93
i dont even let the light come on in my 1.2. to risky with the ever reliable corsa b fuel gauge turn left u get more fuel and it doesnt go back down haha

lol I find when you brake hard, you get a bit more fuel too!
Fonz
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i used to always get 400miles from my 12v, regularly hitting 450+ and if on a long run 500

i loved it any just rev'd it more to make up for the lack of power.
Y869 SRA

9th Aug 12 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Root
Because insurance is very unfair to somebody with 0 years NCB and 23. After 1-2 years NCB, I'll hopefully be able to get at least a 1.6 for a little bit of umph.

How much you paying? My first year of driving my 12v @ 25 yrs old and obviously no NCB, I was only paying £600 a year.
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

9th Aug 12 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get atleast 420miles to the tank. Tank costs me about 50 quid to get a full tank at 1.30 a ltr
And ive had mine for a year and a half now. Its to low to go any faster
So im used to it now. Speed doesnt bother me anymore tbh.
Still want rid of it purely to fund the corsa though. If i didnt have the ginger id be keeping the polo for another year atleast haha

Oh and in regards to filling it up

I fill it to the brim. Then run it untill its just hit the red. Then brim it again. Works out as about 40 quid every week and a half/2 weeks ish

[Edited on 09-08-2012 by FlaFFy_91]
Root

9th Aug 12 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by V931_FEF
quote:
Originally posted by Root

How much you paying? My first year of driving my 12v @ 25 yrs old and obviously no NCB, I was only paying £600 a year.

Got a quote for about £700 which I was happy with, then on the phone I accidentally said my work is on and off because it's contracting. So I guess he put that I don't work, which somehow has me paying about £95 a month. So over a grand because the phone man didn't listen but I was desperate for the insurance.

tl;dr: about £1100.
D0NN3R

9th Aug 12 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
yeah same, ill drive with the redlight on for about 20mins max!

i dont have a light on mine lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » 1 Litre Owners Club 23 database queries in 0.1705592 seconds