corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Bonnet lifters. . . easy enough?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bonnet lifters. . . easy enough?
*CorsaCal*

User status: Offline
8th Aug 12 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above. How do you know where to fit the raisers. Is it just a case of buying some lying them in roughly the right place and seeing what happens? Also how do they attach on?
Aidan-Fleming

8th Aug 12 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There really easy to fit mate!

Basically you need a 3mm think plate, about 120mm long by however high you want it, think mines 60mm. So once you have that plate made you hold it up to your bonnet brackets, and mark the hole centres on the plate, then transfer the lines down so that theres two holes at the top and two holes at the bottom. Then you drill the holes on that marks and you attach the plate to the car with the top two holes and then the bonnet bracket to the bottom two holes, then the same on the other side.

Ive done it so will take some photos tomorrow morning for you as pictures tell you how to do it.
Aidan-Fleming

9th Aug 12 at 06:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*CorsaCal*

9th Aug 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool thanks mate i was thinking of doing that aswell but i meant the actual gas strut things, youve got chrome ones on yours. Yours is the first ive seen to have both the struts and the lifting plate on, i like
Aidan-Fleming

9th Aug 12 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by *CorsaCal*
Cool thanks mate i was thinking of doing that aswell but i meant the actual gas strut things, youve got chrome ones on yours. Yours is the first ive seen to have both the struts and the lifting plate on, i like

Gdgd, looks alot better The only thing with the lifters is that the bonnet dosent lift very high. but looks and functions alot better
m4rky-boi

10th Aug 12 at 06:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chrome ones look the part. iv had them on a b and made it look better when the bonnet was open

but i never used a mounting plate just bolted them straight on

[Edited on 10-08-2012 by m4rky-boi]
john_c20xe

10th Aug 12 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be prepared for everywhere you go people telling you your bonnet is open, getts annoying after a while
Aidan-Fleming

10th Aug 12 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by m4rky-boi
chrome ones look the part. iv had them on a b and made it look better when the bonnet was open

but i never used a mounting plate just bolted them straight on

[Edited on 10-08-2012 by m4rky-boi]

Yeah they do look tidy! Haha there not mounting plates, there for bonnet raisers lol
chrimbo88

10th Aug 12 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my corsa b i just put 4 washers on the back hole worked spot on and i have the lifters on

New Poll