corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20xe problems - again :(

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20xe problems - again :(
Generation

User status: Offline
12th Aug 12 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of you may know, I had problems with fuel tank leaking when filling up due to a hole at the top (mentioning due to possibly related)

Car was driving like shit last night on way back through Southend. Was jerking misfiring and cut out 5/6 times. And rest of time was shit.

Carried on limping it home, and as petrol was running down (about 1/2 tank) it started getting better and better, until when I was nearly home and was driving perfectly again?

Just whipped plugs out, cylinder one plug has but of oil on it (been getting some blue smoke recently)

Any ideas what the hell is wrong? Possibly oil fucking with cylinders? Took crank sensor out, was pretty clean but little oily so
Wiped that up and re-fitted.all wiring looks perfect.

So, ideas please.
reecegsi

12th Aug 12 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuel pressure good? fuel pump good? oil on plugs means its gone past the rings i think which is not good i thought? as said thoe check fuel system from tank to engine see if anyhing is damaged
Generation

12th Aug 12 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know how I can test pump/pressure?

It's not oily on tips of plugs, more around the washer/threaded part
Aidan-Fleming

12th Aug 12 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had pretty much exact same problem and i have a hole in my tank also. Basically i had the whole engine stripped down and the thing i got told to check was:
Crank Sensor
Coolant Temp Sensor

but while i was stripping the bay i noticed the Ignition live wire wasnt connected properly so i re contected that and now its fine
jayy.cfg

13th Aug 12 at 06:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like stated above try ur crank n cts sensors but also the plastic rail over the injectors on the xe are known for vibrating loose i had a sim problem and it turnt out to be lose above injector 3/4 all u gotta do is just push it back down if its that, i had to do this several times before it stuck down properly but try that too.

New Poll