corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X20XEV/XER....please help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X20XEV/XER....please help!
tobyc20xe

User status: Offline
18th Aug 12 at 04:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hia all need help as am lost for idea's now.the car is a x20xev corsa b but useing a xer ecu,the problem i am haveing is that it seems to be going into a limp mode now and again.

when driveing at times it cuts all power but idles fine,dose this now and again on start up to. fliping the key off and on again seem to solve it but its geting worse. engine light has come on a few times dueing this so maybe flashing the fault codes out may help?

anyone know what it could be?

thanks Toby.
corsadonk
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 06:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A XER should be running high lift cams, and high comp pistons and a better exhaust manifold.

So it could be that the ECU is confused because it seems like the engine isn't running right.

It could also just be a dodgy sensor, do you get EML?
davegreen
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 06:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the xer ecu will be looking for higher air flow rates than the xev will give in standard form due to bigger cams, flowed head, and four branch manifold. i had the same problems after tuning my xev, kept going to limp mode and eml coming on, air flow meter, cam sensor, crank sensor, air inlet sensor, lamda sensor. thats when i gave up with it and got the throtle bodies and dta ecu!
the xev, xer ecu's are not very easy to map or chip without some work. my advise is to get stand alone ecu. depends where you are going with tuning though?
tobyc20xe

18th Aug 12 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsadonk
A XER should be running high lift cams, and high comp pistons and a better exhaust manifold.

So it could be that the ECU is confused because it seems like the engine isn't running right.

It could also just be a dodgy sensor, do you get EML?

yes i get EML,the car has never done this before hences why am stuck for ideas now.really can't see it being the ecu as i have never had a problem with it before
tobyc20xe

18th Aug 12 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
the xer ecu will be looking for higher air flow rates than the xev will give in standard form due to bigger cams, flowed head, and four branch manifold. i had the same problems after tuning my xev, kept going to limp mode and eml coming on, air flow meter, cam sensor, crank sensor, air inlet sensor, lamda sensor. thats when i gave up with it and got the throtle bodies and dta ecu!
the xev, xer ecu's are not very easy to map or chip without some work. my advise is to get stand alone ecu. depends where you are going with tuning though?

tunning its a xev running xer ecu with a small map to get the best out of it,custom made inlet, four branch manifold and soon to have some cams in there to. as i said i can't see it being the ecu because i have never had a problem before in the 8 months i have had the engine in.
davegreen
Premium Member

18th Aug 12 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will most likley be one of the sensors ive listed then. pity your not closer as ive got a pair of piper cams, dbilas pullies, courtenay throtle body and a cosworth flowed head for the xev.
Ricky352

18th Aug 12 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do the paperclip test. I recently googled how to do it as my xev was fucking about, turned out to be crank shaft sensor.

Not sure if the test is still valid when running the xer ecu though.
tobyc20xe

19th Aug 12 at 04:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It will most likley be one of the sensors ive listed then. pity your not closer as ive got a pair of piper cams, dbilas pullies, courtenay throtle body and a cosworth flowed head for the xev.

price? would be worth the drive for all that lot u2u me mate.
tobyc20xe

19th Aug 12 at 04:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ricky352
Do the paperclip test. I recently googled how to do it as my xev was fucking about, turned out to be crank shaft sensor.

Not sure if the test is still valid when running the xer ecu though.

goibg to try this tomorrow and see what it flashes out...hopeing it not the crank sensor as there about £130 from vauxhall :/
davegreen
Premium Member

19th Aug 12 at 05:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get sensors from lmf or autovaux or gen bosch, siemens parts from euro car parts. much cheaper but dont buy after market cheepies if your tuning the engine as you'll get problems again. this could be your trouble now? u2u you about parts.
tobyc20xe

20th Aug 12 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
get sensors from lmf or autovaux or gen bosch, siemens parts from euro car parts. much cheaper but dont buy after market cheepies if your tuning the engine as you'll get problems again. this could be your trouble now? u2u you about parts.

all the sensors are GM,bosch ect so no cheap ones on the engine. didn't get time to flash the codes out today but shall tomorrow and see what it dose. will get a video of it.

New Poll