corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Things to see in San Francisco and Montreal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Things to see in San Francisco and Montreal
Welsh Dan

User status: Offline
28th Aug 12 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hola

Been offered a short notice (as in end of September) holiday to Montreal, Vegas and San Francisco. All flights and hotels are paid for, and we have two days in Montreal, three in Vegas, three in SF.

Stuff to see in Vegas is pretty straightforward. Alcatraz is on the list for SF and once i've got the exact dates I can book tickets for that. What other stuff is good to see in SF? Likewise for Montreal.

Never been to any of them before, so any good touristy type ideas are appreciated.
Nath

28th Aug 12 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SF: GG Bridge/Park, 49ers game, Giants game, Coit Tower, Trolley Tram, Exploratorium
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

28th Aug 12 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alcatraz, Golden Gate Bridge, steep hills

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
28th Aug 12 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lombard Street is the most famous one, I walked from Hyde Street pier where there are some old boats to see, up Hyde Street and it intersects with Lombard.

Pier 39 is also busy but I didn't love it, bit too touristy although it is an easy option if you need to eat.
Seany

29th Aug 12 at 05:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate is over there the now training for a race across America, he said there was no chance of getting to Alcatraz as the waiting list is huge. He has put up some awesome pics from around sf so I'm guessing there is loads to do.
Balling
Premium Member

29th Aug 12 at 05:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Coit Tower
Massively overrated and a big waste of time, imo.
GG Park is great if the weather is good.

I'd say, take time off to do nothing and wander the streets, like Ian says. The city is full of life.

If you plan on going shopping, the Vegas outlets are a bit cheaper than SF, but takes you away from everything worth seeing and doing. Shopping in SF takes place down town, where there's still stuff to see.

Welsh Dan

29th Aug 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Seany
My mate is over there the now training for a race across America, he said there was no chance of getting to Alcatraz as the waiting list is huge. He has put up some awesome pics from around sf so I'm guessing there is loads to do.

Is he sure about that? A few people said you only need to do it a few days in advance, as i'm going in a months time i've checked the websites and they said they're available now.
Seany

29th Aug 12 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He said it was at least a 5 week wait I'm sure. I would book in advance just to be safe anyway if you really want to do it.
He's just been to the bridge and a street that's in loads of films for the massive hill with trams going across. Looks massive.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Things to see in San Francisco and Montreal 24 database queries in 0.0080268 seconds