corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pissed off: Distance Selling Regs?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pissed off: Distance Selling Regs?
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   4th Sep 12 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a piece of glass (passenger non-opening quarterlight) for the camper from VW Heritage last week to replace the scratched one that had been supplied with our camper. Came to fitting it on Saturday (had help doing it from a window guy!) and it is half the thickness of the offical VW one.

So, I contacted them today to return it but I have to pay the return postage apparently?

It's not fit for purpose (half the thickness = flaps around in the frame & seal = water pissing in) - do I have ground to claim the postage back?
Steve
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes
pow
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where is this written?
tobyc20xe

4th Sep 12 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ad ring them back up and get them told tbh! it's not what you asked for it's not your fault!
pow
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tried that, he 'spoke to his manager' and told me he wasn't going to refund postage. So before I go back to them I want it in wiritng
Toby
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be up to you to prove its not fit for purpose and tbh i dont think your going to unless they are selling genuine VW parts (and thats what the glass was sold as - if thats possible with glass). What is the reutnr postage cost out of curiosity?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
4th Sep 12 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shouldn't matter if its listed as genuine or not, if it comes and doesn't suit the car then its still not acceptable. The law doesn't discriminate on brand.
Kippers

4th Sep 12 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless its in their terms and conditions then they HAVE to refund it.

We have been done a few times with people returning stuff.

Its a right cunt TBH!
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Sep 12 at 17:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kippers
Unless its in their terms and conditions then they HAVE to refund it.

Even if its in their terms they're still bound by the DSR, you can't disclaim your way out of it.
Toby
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 18:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Shouldn't matter if its listed as genuine or not, if it comes and doesn't suit the car then its still not acceptable. The law doesn't discriminate on brand.

I was pointing out that the fact that its thinner is going to be difficult to prove its ill fit unless they were attempting to sell it as a different brand
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Sep 12 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah although it has also occurred to me since posting that fitness for purpose is a Sale of Goods issue, in addition to those rights, DSR would allow you to return it just because you didn't like it so long as the statutory terms were met.
Toby
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
DSR would allow you to return it just because you didn't like it so long as the statutory terms were met.

My understanding is that he would have to foot the return postage still?
A2H GO

4th Sep 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Toby
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
DSR would allow you to return it just because you didn't like it so long as the statutory terms were met.

My understanding is that he would have to foot the return postage still?

Only if the seller explicitly states this as part of their returns policy, otherwise the seller must pay it.

[Edited on 04-09-2012 by A2H GO]
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Sep 12 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you disclaim your way out of paying the return postage? I didn't think that was the case.
Ben G

4th Sep 12 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in future, use just kampers.

i've had this problem a few times with returning stuff.

had to send back some mats that fell apart. got a refund but not on the return postage. was quite pissed off.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

4th Sep 12 at 22:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not distance selling regs though is it as you bought it in person if I've read it correctly.
Ian
Site Administrator

4th Sep 12 at 23:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that would make a difference, I assumed that if you were posting it back, you'd have bought it distance.
pow
Premium Member

5th Sep 12 at 08:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid over the phone
A2H GO

5th Sep 12 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Can you disclaim your way out of paying the return postage? I didn't think that was the case.

Maybe thats just eBay, I know this as a business seller,

"In general, the seller is obliged to pay for the return postage & packaging unless they have specifically provided, within their returns policy, that they require the buyer to pay for it."

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/return-item.html

[Edited on 05-09-2012 by A2H GO]
Dan295

5th Sep 12 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got an idea, return to sender

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pissed off: Distance Selling Regs? 23 database queries in 0.0118139 seconds