corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa c20let handling

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c20let handling
thomson

User status: Offline
9th Sep 12 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking for any help advice,

what setups suspension anti roll bars, heights, spring rates etc have people used..

anything that you have liked or disliked and changed...

just looking for some experiance in this departent for advice.
not wanting a huge track spec just a fast road setup,
something with adjustability so will have to be coilovers. the likes off avo and spax maybe.
any recommendations..

car is a b let with f28 and battery in the boot.

cheers

Nic Barnes

9th Sep 12 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i liked spax rsx the most. recently changed spring rates on the gaz ive got now. 400lb front seem bang on and testing some 400lb rears for drag racing in a few weeks although id say about 250lb would be better on the back for handling.

used to have poly race bushes from rally desing all round on corsa, they were ok, although i found they still had a bit of movement probably due to power and torque. they were good when car was lower powered. changed to full rose joint set up for arms and tie bars and difference is loads, although expensive. ive also got spherical bearing top mounts, rose jointed track rod ends and ball joints.

rear end on mine has poly race beam bushes and a white line rear anti roll bar. pretty good.

most noticeable difference for me was full weld in roll cage. its welded in to front turrets rght through the car. vast improvement and for the little bit extra cash over a bolt in one, id say its far better.

oh and tyres help a lot. best road tyres i found were yoko s drives.

most of the above is personal preference however.
thomson

9th Sep 12 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nic thanks,

do you get spax rsx coilovers on the rear too.. i have had spax on two saxos and i liked them comfort and adjustabilty. i have old gaz set i whas goin to put on but they seemed a little to stiff for my liking and want a set brand new but undecided on what.
i had in my mind 270-300lb for the frunt.

i think polybushed all round will help too as it wont be huge power. 250hp
whitelines arb is also on the list heard good things about them. wont be getting a cage as interiors staying standard,

tyres i need to look at though as i want to stay on the 14s. probaly 195 55 14s

Nic Barnes

9th Sep 12 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had 300's in, then snapped one, borrowed some 250's which were shocking. even with 300lb front springs it lifted a fair bit i found. 250bhp it wont be so bad though.

dont think you can get 195 55 14's, ive not seen them before anyway. can get 185 55 14's in various brands though.
corsadonk
Premium Member

10th Sep 12 at 05:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need bigger brakes, if you can fit 14's you'll struggle to stop it.
thomson

10th Sep 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think all go for 300 nic. am sure pagey and thegsi had spax with 275lb springs.
must be 185 nic then, whas goin to get eagle f1s. but think they stopped.

going to put two litre brakes on under the standerd wheels. hav v6 brakes spare if i go 15s.

New Poll