corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Adobe Edge - HTML5 & CSS Tool Kit

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Adobe Edge - HTML5 & CSS Tool Kit
Nismo

User status: Offline
26th Sep 12 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://iclarified.com/24721/adobe-unveils-new-edge-toolset-for-html5-css3-and-javascript-development

Anyone tried this yet? thoughts etc...
AdZ9

26th Sep 12 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haven't tried it yet but if it's like some of the other Adobe products it will be inferior to some of the other options available out there!

I'll give it a try though as I have Creative Cloud on my MBP so it won't cost me anything extra
ed

26th Sep 12 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coda 2 FTW
Nismo

26th Sep 12 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i used windows i used Notepad++ and this was spot on!

since migrating to OSX i have used BBedit, which is ok, but no where near as good as ++, I have glanced over Coda but will have a look at the update.
ed

26th Sep 12 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coda 2 is the best!
Balling
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 10:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to be able to create stuff like this:
http://html.adobe.com/edge/animate/showcase/timeline/timeline.html

Currently our company site is relying on a flash based content slider, and that's just not good enough today.

Dom

26th Sep 12 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had Edge preview and it appeared to be reasonably decent to the point that i used it on a few sites to replace some basic flash text animations. Did notice a few bugs but with the preview but that was expected.
I suspect it's improved a lot since the preview build i had but it certainly wasn't a Flash replacement when i was using it.

[Edited on 26-09-2012 by Dom]
Balling
Premium Member

26th Sep 12 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom, will stuff like the above be fairly straight forward to do with basic knowledge of HTML and CSS?

Dom

26th Sep 12 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Dom, will stuff like the above be fairly straight forward to do with basic knowledge of HTML and CSS?

In terms of animating it's essentially like Flash, so pretty straight forward. Obviously the main difference is instead of exporting a SWF, Edge throws out a package that contains the HTML, CSS, JS and the Edge framework.

Do note that Edge is reliant on JS and you should create a 'noscript' fallback in the event that Javascript isn't enabled on a users browser.

Edit - Although if it's for your companies site then it sounds like something JQ already has covered.

[Edited on 26-09-2012 by Dom]
AdZ9

26th Sep 12 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Coda 2 is the best!

Amen.

New Poll