corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » turbo my c20xe ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author turbo my c20xe ?
aaron_c20

User status: Offline
29th Sep 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey people ........ as some of you may have seen built my first corsa b and its nearly finished but not in no rush to put it on the road untill its completely finished as i have a work car .... was thinking today its gonna be no more than 150 bhp standard and thought if im no rush to put it on the road and dont mind spending a bit of money onit i may aswell turbo it ? ... iv seen a couple of corsa turbos (amazing) .. anyone that can give me a lil help/info would be appreciated which set up to go for .. price over all really .. realibility of turbo corsas ! >>>>>>> many thanks
mike56gte

29th Sep 12 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By a c20let would be your easiest option.
aaron_c20

29th Sep 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont really wanna be buying another engine as iv done this one now .... would just seem a waste really :s
mike56gte

29th Sep 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really a waste just sell the xe. Lol your gona have to take the engine back out to turbo it anyway.
Nic Barnes

29th Sep 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need a lot of parts that you may struggle to find as commonly like sensors etc that you need. Probably be easier to put it on mappable managment than trying to get hold of all the c20let ecu and sensors.
aaron_c20

29th Sep 12 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair shout
dewismotorsport

29th Sep 12 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's possible to do with xe loom ecu but tbh you'll never be able to run more than 8psi and will have to have air fuel ratio at around 10.5 as the pistons aren't designed for turbo application. Personally I'd sell the xe and just buy a c20let
Sly_SRi
Premium Member

30th Sep 12 at 11:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just enjoy the power of the Xe for a while. You don't wanna ruin the reliability. 150 hp is loads and they go very well. Then when you do get bored, look into tuning it. But from experience it's always best to get a conversion car running in standard form first to iron out any issues. Trying to modify it aswell just causes no end of troubles! So do it step by step.

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
aaron_c20

30th Sep 12 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
I'd just enjoy the power of the Xe for a while. You don't wanna ruin the reliability. 150 hp is loads and they go very well. Then when you do get bored, look into tuning it. But from experience it's always best to get a conversion car running in standard form first to iron out any issues. Trying to modify it aswell just causes no end of troubles! So do it step by step.

sounds like a sensible idea ... just needa port n polish heads throttle boddies ect ....... then maybe after im bored im thinking of buying a corsa c and z20let turbo ! bit more of a newish look than the old school B
Nic Barnes

30th Sep 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep the port and polished head and throttle bodies and use them on a turbo build.
aaron_c20

30th Sep 12 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i suppose but im not too sure how long ill keep the car for because to be honest i seemed to get bored quick and just want more power lol
Generation

30th Sep 12 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like you need to think about what you want properly
aaron_c20

1st Oct 12 at 08:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im sure once im driving it i wont wanna get rid of it for a long time
ocdstigy

1st Oct 12 at 09:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just bought a 1.2 project,and thought to myself,do i xe it or do i not,i have got to be the single most worst decision maker in the world lol! go with what you want pal....anything is possible and if you have the funds to do it...
aaron_c20

1st Oct 12 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sure thing mate thanks

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » turbo my c20xe ? 24 database queries in 0.0142729 seconds