corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Absolutely RAGING!! Pics now on p2 : )

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Absolutely RAGING!! Pics now on p2 : )
CORSA NUT

User status: Offline
1st Oct 12 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I text the garage owner yesterday because when I tried to ring him it went straight to answer phone, I consider him a mate and I'm in no doubt he wasn't aware of what he was doing.

From me...

Dave, it's Alan with the white Astra van.
Unfortunately I've had a very bad day today involving your Auto Electrician. Whilst out driving tonight to my astonishment my van drove past me in Tranmere! I followed it to the next set of red lights and confronted the driver as to why he was driving my uninsured van on the roads, on a Sunday no less. He knew he'd been caught as he tried to lie his way out by saying he was 'Testing' the van, but the fact he had his cycling clothes/shoes on, his push bike in the back plus an array of tools AND food shopping in there he was clearly taking the piss. I followed him back to his workshop were he confessed he been driving it for his own use uninsured for a 40 mile trip. Although without taking a picture of the mileage before I dropped it off I can't be sure. I did intend to drive the van home tonight but he has told me he's going to fix it for nothing and speak to you tomorrow (Monday) plus if I got caught driving it home there's be an even bigger problem.

To say I'm angry is an understatement Dave and I want this sorted and my van back to me ASAP, although I know this isn't directly your doing I left the van in your trusted care. Please call me tomorrow after speaking to him.

His reply I've just got...

I am so sorry Alan. I was in hospital last week having an operation. I am still off now recovering but rest assured I will ring him first thing tomorrow and get to the bottom of this. I will ring you as soon as I have spoken to him.

My reply...

Hi Dave, sorry to have to put this on you when your unwell mate. Thanks for getting back to me though and I'll speak to you soon.

His reply...

Not as sorry as he will be tomorrow I hope.

Oh dear
Gary
Premium Member

1st Oct 12 at 19:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you wrote your invoice yet
Russ

1st Oct 12 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the old hospital excuse, no wonder waiting lists are so long, every fucker who's trying to avoid greif is in hospital
Edd

1st Oct 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some text you sent to a mate lol
CORSA NUT

1st Oct 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBF he did tell me when I dropped off the van he was going in for an op soon and I've known he's had problems for a while.

See what happens tomorrow
CORSA NUT

1st Oct 12 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
some text you sent to a mate lol

When it comes to my money or my property I don't fuck about. Plus I was a tad pissed off when I sent it so
Corsa_Sport21

1st Oct 12 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
100% guarantee the people in this thread who wouldn't have done shit about it, are the people who get pissed off with neighbours speaking to them while washing their cars etc. Those boring, anti-social shite bags. Not naming names but you know who you are.
what would you have done then m8? Beaten the fuck out of him at the roadside because you're such a social LAD

Hi.
shaned12345

1st Oct 12 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by shaned12345
Very very wrong but if he was genuinely sorry then maybe i'd let it go. Not like it was a young lad thrashing it around. But easier said than done cause obviously im not in your shoes

so old people don't drive like nutters sometimes?

nice one stereotyping there

I wasnt sterotyping at all lol, i was saying maybe i would have acted differently if i was in his shoes and caught a young lad thrashing it around.
When the bloke started practically crying id have ended up feeling sorry for him and let it go.
I'm 21 so i'm not going to start sterotyping young drivers, and i have had my fair share of driving like a tit so i'm not gonna be a hypocrit
CORSA NUT

2nd Oct 12 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well all sorted now. Needless to say the garage owner was as pissed off as me especially when the Auto Tech tried to fob him off as well but eventually caved in and confessed

He is paying for all the work etc and getting the van back to me ASAP.

Saved me £300
VegasPhil
Premium Member

2nd Oct 12 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Result

I'd take that.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
CORSA NUT

2nd Oct 12 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too right I need all I can for my next motor
Anty
Premium Member

2nd Oct 12 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gaz

2nd Oct 12 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to say you have handled this well is an understatement, although mad you have still allowed the bloke to get back to a safe-place for him and the van and thankfully you have benefited from what could have been a disaster (for example the MOT'd Nova write-off story from recent months)

The auto-electricain has most likely lost a lot of trust from your garage mate and will hopefully learn from his stupid stupid decisions...!
CORSA NUT

2nd Oct 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Gaz appreciate that, must be getting soft I suppose.
johnhara1

2nd Oct 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

excellent thread.
Hammer

2nd Oct 12 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very official with your mate but apart from that you've won a watch.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Absolutely RAGING!! Pics now on p2 : ) 24 database queries in 0.1561079 seconds