corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » First time buyer - Had survey back

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author First time buyer - Had survey back
Tom B

User status: Offline
4th Oct 12 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had the survey back from lenders it seems ok to me but just wanted peoples advice. They state overall condition is good, and valued it at the price im paying, but in overall condition they state :

"The gutters appear to be asbestos and we noted localised poor external decorations."
"The property is in need of ongoing routine repair and maintenance but otherwise, it is in satisfactory condition for mortgage purposes."

Just wondered if i should be worried about anything at all? We love the house its had alot of work done, all been rewired and plastered, new boiler, block paving drive and double glazing. What does "localised poor extneral decorations" mean? And when they state ongoing routine repair do they just mean generally looking after the property?
Appreciate any comments thanks
RichR
Premium Member

4th Oct 12 at 09:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they seem to make spurious comments; mine had one about the front bedroom window only having casement opening windows and having a large, single pane of glass. Its like every other house on the street so I never saw the point in mentioning it.

Poor external decoration to me would mean things like the door decorations, maybe hanging basket brackets etc which maybe look a bit tired
AndyKent

4th Oct 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Difficult to say without seeing the house but probably just commenting on the worst/obvious stuff. Probably fine.

Lenders surveys are shit though, get an independent one if you're worried.
baza31

4th Oct 12 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are justifying their job and write any old bullshit down. Also they never value them any higher than the money your lending. Asbestos guttering is nothing to worry about and you can't always tell the difference between the old concrete so unless they took a sample I wouldn't worry about it till it comes to taking it off and even then a paper suit and mask you'll be fine
John

4th Oct 12 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
They are justifying their job and write any old bullshit down. Also they never value them any higher than the money your lending.

That's because mortgage + deposit is exactly what the house is worth.
Edd

4th Oct 12 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31 Also they never value them any higher than the money your lending.

Really not true, i see higher valuations every day. Doesn't matter though because the PP is the PP
Colin

4th Oct 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like standard surveyor jargon. I wouldn't worry about it.
Russ

4th Oct 12 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck all wrong with asbestos
Nismo

4th Oct 12 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard crap, they always put stuff in like that, its as if they want tp sound like they are doing you a favour lending you the money.

I partially agree with the valuation comment, we got ours 30K below the asking price, and was valued exactly at what we wanted

Yet the smaller houses on the road sold for more and ours was only worth the mortgage amount

...oh and just been valued at 30K more than what we paid 3 years ago
AndyKent

5th Oct 12 at 06:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

First rule of valuation is that the accepted offer price is the value, otherwise someone else would be in there offering a higher price already.

Not quite true in practise, but still stands in terms of true valuations (ie. those not carried out by an estate agent)
VegasPhil
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Standard crap.

I had a mortgsge valuation of 100k on the property I was buying at 88k in 2010.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Tom B

5th Oct 12 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks lads

New Poll