corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » How much is it worth?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much is it worth?
jbguitarking

User status: Offline
17th Sep 12 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well after changing the spark plugs on my 1.0 the electrodes fell off of the number 3 plug and went in the down the hole, i did notice the plug was missing these bits but thought it must had happend long ago. Put the new ones in and turned it over with a lot of noise and realised that the missing pieces in fact fell off as I removed the plug. Took the plug out and fished out the pieces of the old plug but it now runs on 2 cylinders (haha). I also noticed that the threads on that particular cylinder and definatley crossed/fudged as I couldnt get that plug as tight as the others.

Basically I'm going to need a new head (to fix the threaded plug socket) and probably a valve or 2 plus and an ignition pack as the other one is definatley dodgy, again around cylinder 3.

Car is in good nick, basic envoy model in Satin Red (burgandy?) with curbed 15" fox rims with 2 new toyos on the front, 1 toyo and a budget on the rear (all really good tread). No exhaust/brake/suspension mods at all. Remote central locking (aftermarket and professionally installed by a local company, still have receipt). Body work is good with a noticable scratch on the wing and little ones around where the keyhole used to be, debadged grill (still have original). Milage around 70K. Interior is all complete, no rips or tears just needs a clean.

Just passed M.O.T last month so has 11 months on that and 7 months Tax too.

How much do you think i could get for it as I dont think its worth me repairing, nor do I have the funds to fix it.

Aidan-Fleming

18th Sep 12 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2ud
Ricky352

18th Sep 12 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Very little, couldn't see anyone paying over £300 to be honest.
D0NN3R

19th Sep 12 at 06:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just put another engine in there not expensive
reecegsi

19th Sep 12 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were you from?
jbguitarking

20th Sep 12 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Portsmouth mate
VINCEYBOY

10th Oct 12 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT'S REDTOP TIME MOTHERFUCKER!

Shame man, i hate it when little things like that end up being massive things, tis well shit. consider keeping it as a project or something. if i had seen this last month i'd have taken your arm off for it. (race car needs reshelling) everything else must be cosha if it has mot and stuff. your other option is to run it into the ground till it actually stops. a friend of mine did something similar,with a cracked rocker shaft, ran like a pile of shit. but kept plodding for a few months. or if it's modded break for spares and stuff?

New Poll