corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C 3.2 V6 Project

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C 3.2 V6 Project
Crazy LEDs

User status: Offline
21st Oct 12 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello all
I've just bought a winter project
2001 Corsa C SXi with knackered autobox so planning on putting in the 3.2 V6 engine I have

Heres the donor car

Now I have never done anything like this before but I have good mechanical ,welding knowledge ,so looking for as much tech help as possible to pull it off

Mainly electrical as I have zero experience with the likes of which ECU would it be best to put it on bike carbs or best plenums to use

SO preople fill your boots I am open to any advice or knowledge that may be going free...apart from why not stick a Z20LET in as I love the growl from a V6 but if 3.2 is not possible then a Zlet will be the choice
davegreen
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i saw a v6 c at pvs a few years ago so it should be possible. as for tuning if you get stand alone ecu its only going to be the space under the bonnet that holds you back. im looking into stand alone ecu for my z22se c as im having trouble with the vec b ecu not talking to the corsas body. speedo dont work! good luck with it!
Crazy LEDs

21st Oct 12 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
i saw a v6 c at pvs a few years ago so it should be possible. as for tuning if you get stand alone ecu its only going to be the space under the bonnet that holds you back. im looking into stand alone ecu for my z22se c as im having trouble with the vec b ecu not talking to the corsas body. speedo dont work! good luck with it!

Thanks Dave
yeah I know its possible as a mate of mine had a 2.5V6 earlier this year built by Power Crazy

My main concern is
Getting clocks to work with V6 lump
I know the 1.2 ECU can be remapped to suit a ZLET but not sure if it will for the V6
The steering rack are coded to ecu and I would really like to keep the power steering
davegreen
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my power steering works fine, only thing that doesnt work is speedo and no oil preasure light so i fitted a seperate one. if you get an ecu from a vec c it should work. but if you plan on tuning then go stand alone. been told it should be possible to get one that will talk to the bcu and keep the dash factory.
Crazy LEDs

21st Oct 12 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
my power steering works fine, only thing that doesnt work is speedo and no oil preasure light so i fitted a seperate one. if you get an ecu from a vec c it should work. but if you plan on tuning then go stand alone. been told it should be possible to get one that will talk to the bcu and keep the dash factory.

Thanks again for comments Dave
I have a full 2003 Vec C GSi im breaking atm so I have everything/loom/ecu/keys/transponder chip etc

davegreen
Premium Member

21st Oct 12 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like all you will need is the mounts and shafts. i do like people who think out side the box!
Crazy LEDs

22nd Oct 12 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
sounds like all you will need is the mounts and shafts. i do like people who think out side the box!

Thanks Dave,Beleive me I am tempted to go the LET route as it seems so much easier but it is also done to death and if all I have to conquer is a little fabrication and wiring which I have a head techyat vauxhall helping me with Im sure togehter we can do it
I have even thought about RWD it as I have a BMW E46 coming in stock this week to break and I could easily weld a floor in but its the interior tunnel require that puts me off as I want car to look as stock as possible all be it with a nice root beer brown paint job and astra turbo 17" alloys

Fingers crossed itll all go smoothly...but I doubt it
davegreen
Premium Member

22nd Oct 12 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only took me a few evenings to get the z22se into the c and get it up and running! spent longer finding parts for it and sorting suspention out with bilstien! got there now though! just speedo to sort now. rwd sound fun, use omega parts! keep it vauxhall!

New Poll