corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » most bhp out of 1.4 sport?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author most bhp out of 1.4 sport?
Y869 SRA

User status: Offline
26th Oct 12 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
Eating dog shit is different, dosn't mean to say you would do it.

corsa120

26th Oct 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my xe conversion has been most reliable car ive owned.... and cannot for life of me bvelieve how strong the xe engine is... for the last 6 years ive bin abusing the hell out of my c20xe constantly on the limiter and its never missed a beat! my small block engines i had before 1.4 and 1.6 both blew headgasket so...................................
i do believe my 2.0 conversion was done pretty well though.
Nic Barnes

26th Oct 12 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
All I hear lately on forums is that.

"What you guys think of my lights"

I don't like them, I prefer ..."

FUCK YOU, LEAST IM NOt A SHEEP

corsaboii89

26th Oct 12 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the end of the day mate its your car do what you wont with it if other people dont like it tell them to stick it. they dont own it or have to drive it as long as it makes you happy thats all that matters
corsaboii89

26th Oct 12 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by corsaboii89
you have to just go for it to be different

that is the worst reason ever for justifying spending a lot of money on something that could be done a lot cheaper and better.
so your saying my engine is not built well then? the car was built over 10years ago by my uncle and it was drove hard back then what he wanted was to be different and for that had to spend alot as that sort of thing was not off the shelf modifications like today
Eck
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure how you can jump to that conclusion from Steve's post?

What he says is correct though. Yes, your engine is unique and i respect that, but I bet it's no faster or more reliable than a C20LET. More likely the opposite.
corsaboii89

26th Oct 12 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in 10 plus years running 204hp its never broke down over heated anything just snaped a cv joint thats it mate its unbelievable how well built and develop it is . it can take 260hp maximum so at 204 its well within its saftey limit yes anything could go bang at anytime but that goes for any engine .
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much did it cost you, compared to just sticking a let in and getting the same results?
Eck
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It sounds like it's been built well, mate. But I'd expect that if I spent 8 grand! Tbh I'd expect it to be as reliable with twice the power
corsaboii89

26th Oct 12 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing holding back the power is the ecu as it runs daztek at the moment . but to get better power i will be upgrading to a standalone ecu and updating a few parts injectors turbo mani ect, and yes 8k is alot of money but back then my uncle wanted to be different than just sticking a let in there . and now i have the car im hoping i can do him proud by taking it to the next level and hopefully have a re-feature in TV mag
corsaboii89

26th Oct 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

recipts for the cars build over 10years engine body work ect ect come close to 20k
Steve
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 17:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
back then my uncle wanted to be different than just sticking a let in there .

why?

does he dress up in female clothes when he goes out to be different too?

dont get me wrong the car sounds ace, i just hate it when people do something and not something else thats 10x easier and cheaper just "to be different"

andys sxi
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 17:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
the thing holding back the power is the ecu as it runs daztek at the moment . but to get better power i will be upgrading to a standalone ecu and updating a few parts injectors turbo mani ect, and yes 8k is alot of money but back then my uncle wanted to be different than just sticking a let in there . and now i have the car im hoping i can do him proud by taking it to the next level and hopefully have a re-feature in TV mag

any pictures of this car?

April 08 feature car
corsaboii89

26th Oct 12 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because his a stuburn fucker mate he bought the car when he was 18 hes now 31 and owns his own company turbo toms autos is a dealer for regal and is doing really well has a 320hp signum 2.8v6 turbo and a 484hp astra coupe turbo now the corsa is mine . hes never been 1 for following the croud as such
corsaboii89

26th Oct 12 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you got to www.turbotomsautos.co.uk on the home page where the photo's cycle threw thers 1 of the engine will get some of the car at work on monday
Nic Barnes

26th Oct 12 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont get why its anyone else's business if someone wants to do something a certain way?
fir3vip3r

26th Oct 12 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Most people are just offering advice. I dont see what's wrong with that.
corsaboii89

26th Oct 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

every1s different if we all the same it'd be abit bland. not everything is to every1s taste but thats what makes each car different every1 makes do with what they have some people are just luckyer than others and in the right place at right time . you should'nt laff and mock less fortunate as they are making do with what they have and if it makes them happy then good for them
Balling
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
i dont get why its anyone else's business if someone wants to do something a certain way?
If I decide to remove most of my thighs with a cheese grater in order to run faster and post this intention on the internet, it's purely my business, but you're also fully entitled to advice me it's a terrible idea.

davegreen
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 19:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car customizing is just that, building a car how you as the owner want it. some prefer the tried and tested safe options that have been done many times before where as others try something new. and as already said so long as you are happy with your car and it puts a smile on your face when you drive it does it realy matter if some one else doesnt like it? people laugh at my 2 corsas because they dont understand that it makes me happy driving them. yeah i could have stuck a z20leh in either of them and got 400+ bhp from it for what ive spent on the x20xev but i choose bodies as thats what i like!
Ricky352

26th Oct 12 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An x14xe with 'cheap' mods such as 4 branch, decat, some sorta backbox, modified inlet manifold, maybe a derestricted airbox should see 100bhp+
tom130691
Premium Member

26th Oct 12 at 23:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would prefer a lairy small block over a redtop all day long
AK

27th Oct 12 at 05:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Generation
All I hear lately on forums is that.

"What you guys think of my lights"

I don't like them, I prefer ..."

FUCK YOU, LEAST IM NOt A SHEEP

why ask then

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » most bhp out of 1.4 sport? 24 database queries in 0.0142910 seconds