corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Car & Advice from a Detailer(?)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Car & Advice from a Detailer(?)
nathy_87

User status: Offline
6th Nov 12 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope this helps

7mins left on these (albeit wrong colour)

Clicky

OR

Colour of your choice/ £160 ( )

[Edited on 06-11-2012 by nathy_87]
Brett
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 11:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think I'd get them in black on the fogs on Kyle's colour car.
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 12:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I popped out at lunchtime today and met with a local detailer. He's got pictures on his websites of McLarens and Ferrari's n' stuff... so he must be good

He had a quick look around the car - and he came up with a theory straight away, which is supported by the known history of the car.... the wheels!

I mentioned in my original post that the wheels had been sprayed, but not properly - but I failed to think the wheels may actually have been left on the car whilst being painted! This all adds up, as the paintwork local to the wheelarches is fine as it would have been masked off - the rough areas are all a few feet away from the wheels!

So overspray it is, I guess.

He reckons that another clay attack may sort it out, but otherwise it'll be a good old MOP.

He offered a 2-3 day enhancement detail for £250, but he also offered to give me a claybar to try and sort it out myself.

I'm mainly relieved, as it's possibly now NOT a dodgy repair job - but whether I get it detailed or not is something I need to think about. I don't have the facilities to use products correctly in winter, so either I leave it till spring and DA polish it myself - or I hand the car over for a couple of days and part with £250...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SetH

6th Nov 12 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hand the car over, get the detail done then just keep on top of it with 2 bucket washes over the winter.
BarnshaW

6th Nov 12 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SetH
Hand the car over, get the detail done then just keep on top of it with 2 bucket washes over the winter.
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep I think I'm sold on a detail. Do you think he'll let me sit and watch/pleasure myself while he does it?

I'm going to try and find a local powdercoaters too, the half painted wheels are doing my head in

I don't have any spares though, so I need to find somewhere who can do it for me pretty quickly once they've got the car.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

6th Nov 12 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£250 seems a decent price for 2-3 days detailing work

what's an enhancement detail involve? any correction or just applying products?
Ben G

6th Nov 12 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
I'm going to try and find a local powdercoaters too, the half painted wheels are doing my head in

I don't have any spares though, so I need to find somewhere who can do it for me pretty quickly once they've got the car.

they usually have a few spare sets you can chuck on the car while your own wheels get sorted.
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 16:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah I'll phone around a few places then and see if anybody can loan me some wheels.

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
£250 seems a decent price for 2-3 days detailing work

what's an enhancement detail involve? any correction or just applying products?

I shall quote their website:

A stage 2 enhancement detail addresses medium defects within a vehicles paintwork. Usually removing 85+% of defects.

It will restore lustre to tired paintwork and restore clarity.

A stage 2 enhancement detail utilises more polishing compounds and pads, to address the defects, but at the same time removing the least amount of paintwork, that is often overlooked by some, which can be detrimental to the life of the vehicles finish.

With these safe techniques you are ensured that the vehicles paint is well looked after and gives you the option of further enhancements in the future, should you so wish.
A stage 2 Enhancement detail consists of:

Vehicle rinsed thoroughly via pressure washer, snow foamed and left to dwell to break down any dirt on the vehicles surface, before being rinsed again, prior to the wash process.

Traffic/factory film removed, using citrus degreasers. A multi point wash to clean the car exterior including wheels, arches and door shuts using lambswool or microfibre wash mitts and natural soft hair detail brushes, two bucket method with grit guards to give the safest possible hand wash using quality pH balanced shampoo. A separate bucket is also used for the wheels.

All surfaces are then applied with an iron contaminant and fallout remover, to safely remove these deposits prior to the claying process.

Any tar or glue deposits are then safely removed.

The whole vehicle is then clayed, with use of clay bars to remove any further bonded contaminants.

Dried with plush drying towels and air dryer.

Paintwork readings are extensively taken via a paint depth gauge.

A 2-3 stage enhancement to the paintwork, via rotary machine polisher and various polishes to remove any medium markings carefully, through the correct choice of polishing pads and compounds .

Alcohol wipe down to ensure no oils or fillers are present on the paint.

Apply 2 coats of premium wax of your choice from my stocked range/ or multiple coats of sealant of your choice.

Clean and seal all interior/exterior glass.

Wheels sealed with multiple coats of sealant. Tyres/arches/trim dressed.
Paintwork assessment is required, prior to booking.
Prices from £250-00

Ceramic coatings are available as an optional upgrade, offering the most durable protection.

Time taken: Approx. 2-4 days.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

6th Nov 12 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would get it done as its clearly on your mind

then once its sorted you can concentrate on other things or just enjoying it

Look svery nice by the way

Seen this car a good few times and always looked well looked after
CORSA NUT

6th Nov 12 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good price that for correction work IMO! Is he on Detailing World? Ie has he put posts up with his work on?
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found him on one of the regional forums on Detailing World simply listing his address/website - not seen any blog type posts though, perhaps this could be his first one!

Cheers Whitter

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

6th Nov 12 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, scratch that - they do have some write-ups!

http://www.detailingworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275119

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New Car & Advice from a Detailer(?) 24 database queries in 0.0101621 seconds